Updated pics of PO Survivors PIC HEAVY

bluehenlover

Songster
12 Years
Jan 5, 2008
I did get my new shipment of peeps, all arrived safe and sound. I thought I would share some pics of the babies that survived the 5 day trip through the mail;
S6301587.jpg

S6301590.jpg

S6301592.jpg

S6301595.jpg

S6301599.jpg

S6301600.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, there is a Silver Laced Standard cochin pullet there, a welsummer roo, two welsummer pullets, a SL Wyandotte roo, SL Wyandotte pullet, 3 Cuckoo Marans pullets, A Blue Wyandotte roo, and two blue wyandotte pullets. All 3 of those roos were supposed to be pullets... I did order two Blue Wyandotte cockerals, but they were DOA. (they were marked) I sure hope my replacement order is better on the sexing! I have two marked blue wyandotte roos, and we will see how many of those pullets develope large wattles. Lets see, out of the origonal order, they're sexing accuracy was 90%

They are sure pretty!!

Did you JUST get these thru the mail??? I didn't think they could ship such big chicks!! How do they survive the trip??

(Forgive my ignorance
idunno.gif
...I'm new to this)

Thanks!! LOL- No, I could have worded that better. These guys were shipped as day olds, got lost in the mail and I got them on day 5. These are the twelve survivors from that box. ( they are 5 weeks old now) The other 19 were DOA. The hatchery sent me a new order, I got those last week.
wink.png

Thanks- they are going through that fugley juvenille stage! LOL But I think they are gorgeous anyway...
big_smile.png
Yes, its amazing these guys survived, a few were still dying when I picked them up, the rest were standing on the dead cheeping their heads off- and that box STUNK. I was frantic, p*ssed off and heartbroken. :thun
:thun:hit
hit.gif
hit.gif

The Silver Laced Roo that looks like he's going to climb in my hand ( he does, all the time) jumps in my hand, and tries to peck me in the eye.
ep.gif
He's quite the character, he has been since he was a fluff ball. He's so friendly.
love.gif

It's funny how their personalities come out, even at a young age!!
jumpy.gif
I can't have any roos (neighbors may complain). I'm really worried that some of the chicks I'm getting so attached to are roos!
hit.gif

I posted pix but it may be too early to tell.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom