updated pics on september 10th hatch

ViciousAlice

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 16, 2010
Here are a few updated pics, they are flighty now, so decent pics are hard to come by : /

DSC_0240.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0244.JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

Any Ideas on gender? how about colors, I know one is a red breast and one is a blueface and 2 are silver, but the other two baffle me LOL.

OMG! i love either the blueish ones or the silver ones your talking about! What kind are they, im starting to be insterested in quials for an aviary kind of thing

Red Breasted is a wild coloring with a red breast...

There is Black Face Red Breasted which is more correct.. Your two silvers look Silver Blue Face (if there is a red breast then you just add the red breast to the name). Silver Blue faces also have the black beaks. The two in front look like males, I may be mistaken. Probably need to vent sex or check their vent feathers, the females will be slightly larger. There is a cinnamon hen in the back corner (left), Black Face Red Breasted male, Cinnamon Blue face hen (if no blue on the front), the back corner on the right is a blue face male.

Last edited:
This is one of the silvers, I couldn't figure it out, the other is definitely male.

\\
DSC_0242%20%282%29.JPG

Thanks a lot, now is it the lighter brown one the cinnamon blue face or the darker brown female the blue face?

I know they are monogamists but I have set up the blue faced male with both of the hens, I would like to see which one of the two he prefers, then I will see if the black face red breast male will like the other lady, waiting to see what I will come out with quail lady's batch she sent me!! Super exciting lol.

That works. What I do is put my new breeders in a pen and throw a bunch of mealworms in the center and watch which males court the females
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom