UPDATED PICS!!! True Ameracanas now with pics of Roo (Pic Heavy)

quenston

Songster
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Wyandotte Ok
I have posted this before but I have better pics this time and with the roo as well!! Also I was wandering not only are they true Ameracaunas but what color would you call the hen?? Thanks in advance for all opinions!!

28601_dsc00840.jpg

28601_dsc00839.jpg

28601_dsc00837.jpg

28601_dsc00836.jpg

And this is a picture of the Roos legs

28601_dsc00838.jpg

i was told a TRUE ameracana has to be one color so from what im told the hen is an EE and the roo is possibly a true ameracana. anyone agree?

Quote:
They don't have to be one solid color, but they do need to be a certain color (type) - For example - Silver is an ameraucana color (might be the wrong word to use), but there is more than one color involved in the color silver when referring to ameraucanas

The acceptable ameraucana colors are here:
http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

I'm not an expert and don't own any true ameraunas (have several EEs), but my opinion is:
The hen pictured in the first post is an easter egger (she doesn't match any of the ameraucana colors) - I'm not sure about the rooster, but if it came from the same place as the hen, it is probably an easter egger also. Even though there are solid white ameracuanas with grey legs, there are also solid white easter egger roosters with grey legs - you need an ameraucana breeder to chime in on your rooster.

This is one of my EEs that has similar coloring to your hen
chickenseggs002.jpg

edited to add a photo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom