Updated! - Test Your Diagnostic Skills - Warning, Contains Graphic Necropsy Photos

Pics
Oh My Gosh! Girl, you are crazy.
"The liver looked good enough to eat" bawahaa
Never eating another chicken liver, lol
I wonder what killed her?

Last edited:
Oh My Gosh! Girl, you are crazy.
"The liver looked good enough to eat" bawahaa
Never eating another chicken liver, lol
Well, it did!
hide.gif

-Kathy

Got a couple more for you... Got a call yesterday from someone that I sold to young peacocks to two months ago saying that both were looking sick a few days ago. I told him I would come get the dead one and the one still alive and try to save it, but it died four hours after I brought it home.

Symptoms:
  • Depressed
  • Dropped wings
  • Not eating
  • Weak
  • Thin
  • Yellow liquid poop
  • Dark green cecal poop with blood

Here he is looking very stoic three hours before he died. You can't tell from the picture, but he's about 1kg (2.2 pounds) underweight.

Here is a poop picture, but it looked much more yellow than it does here.

-Kathy

Well, I think he died from starvation, what caused teh starvation?
I don't know.

I'll give you some clues.

• None of the other birds at his place are sick (ducks, chickens and guineas).
  • Both peacocks died from the same thing.

-Kathy

Well, could have been rat poison, could have picked up Newcastle as the other place they lived.
But your birds are okay. So they must have gotten it elsewhere. Could be they were not getting enough food at the other place.
Huh? stumped.
POssible tapeworms.

Last edited:
Well, could have been rat poison, could have picked up Newcastle as the other place they lived.
But your birds are okay. So they must have gotten it elsewhere. Could be they were not getting enough food at the other place.
Huh? stumped.
POssible tapeworms.

Not rat poision, not Newcastle, not tapeworms and they did pick "it" up at their new home. Another clue... I knew what the most likely cause of death was based just on the poop and it was confirmed the minute I saw the insides during the necropsies.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom