Updated! - Test Your Diagnostic Skills - Warning, Contains Graphic Necropsy Photos

Pics
It's a bit hard for me to tell, too because some of those tumors look as big as organs! That intestine is just awful. I know how you feel about the special ones , I can't do those.

Schnebbles, I remember looking on the web for how to necropsy because there is a good way of doing it so you don't mangle things, LOL

Those tumors on the skin is something I haven't come across yet.

Okay... So the duck I did yesterday was one that I found dead in the middle of the yard. Birds don't usually drop dead in the during the day out in the open, so I brought her inside to do my exam... Anyone want to guess what I found before necropsy?

-Kathy

Okay... So the duck I did yesterday was one that I found dead in the middle of the yard. Birds don't usually drop dead in the during the day out in the open, so I brought her inside to do my exam... Anyone want to guess what I found before necropsy?
-Kathy

The only thing that I can come up with is the duck died of a heart attack. I had a silky die that way, she was having a dust bath in her favorite hole, she was 9 or 10 yrs old.

Edited:
Maybe a stroke, don't know how you could check that.

Last edited:
What I found doing the exam were several puncture wounds in her breast that I'm assuming she got from a falcon, and when I opened her up, her abdominal cavity was full of blood and clots.

-Kathy

poor baby. I'm sorry.
Me too.
sad.png

Boy I read a lot about hawks, but not hardly anything about falcons. Have you had problems with them before?

This is what the wound looked like

Hawks and falcons are the only predators I worry about, but they don't usually go after full sized ducks.

-Kathy

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom