**Updated w/ Lots of New Pics** Can you identify these chicks?

mrsgibber

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
Bolton, CT
Hi there. These guys hatched out on Saturday. I know what the little white one is but I'm stumped on the two darker ones. Not sure you can see in the photo but they have feathered legs/feet and they are larger than the white cochin bantam.

11382_picture_022.jpg

11382_picture_021.jpg

11382_picture_023.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry... hope this bumps you... I just like to look and see what everyone has to say and what the reasonings are.
I have learned a ton, but not enough to actually comment
smile.png

Were all of the eggs bantam eggs? How many toes do the chicks have? Do you know what other breeds they had? Do the feet look like they will be heavily feathered or lightly feathered? The chicks look like they have single combs so I would suspect they are Cochin or Cochin crosses.

It'd be really cool if these were cochin/welsummer or cochin/EE mixes! You should keep posting pics of them as they grow!

Here are a bunch more shots at 6 days old...Hard to see but they are definitely feathering all the way down to the middle toe (four toes total). The eggs they came from were bigger than the bantam cochin eggs that hatched out. I wonder too if it is some bantam cochin crossed with something else. Though most of her eggs come from segregated breed cages...such a mystery...
tongue.png

11382_florida_etc_001.jpg

11382_florida_etc_002.jpg

11382_florida_etc_003.jpg

11382_florida_etc_004.jpg

11382_florida_etc_005.jpg

11382_florida_etc_006.jpg

Starting to believe they may actually be EE/Cochin crosses. I know she has lots of EE at her place...I bought one from her a couple yrs ago. Sure would be neat if that's what they are!

Back
Top Bottom