Updated: We did it! Bandaid's on!!

Autumn Mama

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
British Columbia,
Well, with my Dh's help, we got the Bandaid on, actually , lol, he did the whole thing! I'm too nervous that i'll further injure her, she's just so tiny!

So, now she wants to just sit. Will I need to coax her to walk and stand, or does it matter? I guess once she's hungry enough, she'll walk, but is she fine to just sit?

At one week of age, should I separate her? She has only a slight splay in her leg and moves around fairly well, just not very steady. She has always been able to walk. Would the quiet time be better? I notice when she's away from the brooder-mates, she peeps so loudly. Would she do better with her mates? TIA!!!

Maybe if you could just put her in a box with one more chick it would be better and she wouldn't be so lonely. If the one chick still picks on her then I would keep her alone and put a stuffed animal in the box with her. Good luck with your chickypoo!!
big_smile.png

my isolation set up i put an old birdcage with the bottom removed in the brooder- our bathtub- so the chick and the broodermates can interact, see each other, but can't be injured any more...

Back
Top Bottom