Updated: We did it! Bandaid's on!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Autumn Mama, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Autumn Mama

Autumn Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    British Columbia,
    Well, with my Dh's help, we got the Bandaid on, actually , lol, he did the whole thing! I'm too nervous that i'll further injure her, she's just so tiny!

So, now she wants to just sit. Will I need to coax her to walk and stand, or does it matter? I guess once she's hungry enough, she'll walk, but is she fine to just sit?

At one week of age, should I separate her? She has only a slight splay in her leg and moves around fairly well, just not very steady. She has always been able to walk. Would the quiet time be better? I notice when she's away from the brooder-mates, she peeps so loudly. Would she do better with her mates? TIA!!!
  2. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe if you could just put her in a box with one more chick it would be better and she wouldn't be so lonely. If the one chick still picks on her then I would keep her alone and put a stuffed animal in the box with her. Good luck with your chickypoo!! [​IMG]
  3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    my isolation set up i put an old birdcage with the bottom removed in the brooder- our bathtub- so the chick and the broodermates can interact, see each other, but can't be injured any more...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by