Updates and Saying Goodbye to Gracie

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Hello again! Its been so long since I've posted. I've come a long way since I first began with chickens. I now have a 100 sq foot dog run for my chickens and might be adding on another eventually! I have 11 chickens but sadly, my beautiful Light Brahma is being put to sleep soon for unknown causes. She is fading quickly and can barely move. I have her isolated inside a warm box in the bathroom. She has no mass to her and her face is pale and her comb shriveled to nothing. She is only a few months old. No other chicken is sick or even weak. All others are thriving.

I took some pictures of me and Gracie together. This is our last day. A lot might not understand how much I absolutely love this chicken, but I love her more than my dogs! Here we are. you will have to refresh the page to see all the pictures
72r9f09.jpg

7wfxpuu.jpg

Here are the others and their run and coop. A larger coop is in the process.
8a1zt3r.jpg

6onllhd.jpg

Thats all. Thank you for looking. i wanted to share my babies and beautiful Gracie with you

Last edited:
Sorry about your girl. Are you getting a exam done on her after she is put down to see what went wrong?

As a side note, I noticed all the others sleeping in the nest boxes, I assume in your coop renovations you'll be getting roosts put in? It's a bad habit to be in nest boxes, since when they start laying eggs, they will have poo on them.

How long has she been ill? What have you tried? Is her poo normal? I am guessing she wont eat? Did you try electrolytes and vitamins...maybe some hard boiled egg? I am so very sorry you are loseing her...I think I can safely say...we all understand your feelings on the loss. Strange how we can get so close to a chicken! She is beautifull!

Quote:
I understand. I had Goldie.. the first chicken i ever hatched. i had given her away when i tired of chickens and i reclaimed her when i found out her new home was in a neglected state. and i got more chickens.
she was the queen of the yard 5 years old laid the most huge eggs ive ever seen.. then one day i found her dead on the nest.. she left me with a huge egg and gave her all for it. ill forever remember Goldie..

Back
Top Bottom