Updates baby pictures

Wolrep

Songster
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Here is some updated pictures of my first baby's of the year. The first set of pictures was when they were first born and I posted them here asking what kind people thought they were and everyone thought two whites and one Indian blue.

Here are some pics that i took today. What a difference right? What color do you think they are now?

Looks like two black shoulders and one indian blue peachick. Are those silver pheasants they are with? Also, is that a spalding peacock or green that is in the background?

Oh yeah at first I didn't see the bird you were talking about Blue Creek good catch I was looking at the chicks!

Yes the chicks that looked white are actually black shoulders. I think little black shoulder chicks are supposed to have cream colored flight feathers and that is how you tell them apart from whites, but in this case it stumped me for sure! The other is an India Blue.

Thanks for the post blue and minxfox. As for your questions blue. They are with baby pheasants at the moment. I believe in that grow out brooder has silver and Elliot pheasants in it it may have some others but I think there all in the other one. My other grow out has the baby gray peacock pheasants, lady amherst, red goldens and red jungle fowl. I was out of town for a week and my worker moved the birds around when I was gone. As for your second question first off you have a great eye to notice her. I have a high green Spaulding pair. Only thing with my pair is they have the short blue legs. Everything h else looks like a green.

I emaild the lady I received these eggs from and sent her pictures asking her about them. She said that two of the eggs she gave me were from ther 1/2 black shoulder pen. I'm so happy that's what they are because her pair is stunning and I wanted them so badly. Dose anyone else have 1/2 black shoulder peacocks? Also are they too young to sex I never had black shoulder before but I was told you would be able to tell by there colors at a young age. Is that true?

So you have a nice assortment of pheasants. How many GPP? Yes, the BS peachicks can be sexed, but I am not good at sexing peachicks. I generally keep them for a few months and then I can be positive about their sexes.

Thanks blue ATM I have 4 baby gpp. More babys pheasants due to hatch all month I got two more gpp in the incubator and two gpp under a chicken. Here's a pic you will enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom