Updates for chickens in Eden Prairie?

SwissMaedel

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 25, 2012
Does anyone know whether you can have backyard chickens in Eden Prairie?

How about Chanhassen?

I am having a hard time finding out.

Minnetonka you ca have 1 per .1 acre.

Thanks for any info!
Moving to the cities soon, Eden Prairie most likely, so let me know if you have chickens. =)
~~Elisa

www.elisaloves.com

Looks like Eden Prairie may be a no.

see: http://www.edenprairie.org/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=89 page 9-20

But probably someone at City Hall can help you further. Burnsville had kid start with chickens in 2009 and after saying no at first, they changed to yes and then in 2011 did a study and found there were NO Complaints! Maybe you'll be the one to get things going?

I just got approved for my license for Chickens in Burnsville this week. It wasn't hard.

Good luck!

Pubs aHi!!!lee

Hello,

Are you still interested in having chickens allowed in Eden Prairie?

It was just brought up to the council a couple years ago and was denied, however I just spoke to someone today at the city of Eden Prairie who handles the sort of thing and he said that he would not be surprised if a new movement got something passed since all of the outer suburbs are doing it. It's becoming very green and Eden Prairie doesn't want to look like they're behind the times. I'm very interested in this subject as I would love to have chickens and would be willing to head on this project. Finding supporters and presenting something to the city council.

Hopefully we can make this happen!

Sarah

How about Chanhassen?

I am having a hard time finding out.

Minnetonka you ca have 1 per .1 acre.

Thanks for any info!
Moving to the cities soon, Eden Prairie most likelay, so let me know if you have chickens. =)
~~Elisa

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in Eden Prairie and am in the process of forming a case to get the chicken ordinance passed. If anyone would like to help me, the more support we get, the more likely we will get it passed. The chicken question was brought to the attention to the council around five years ago. It was denied by one vote. The council didn't think the ordinance had enough support from residents. I think we have a really good chance now, as most cities around are allowing chickens. I'm not sure how this forum works, as i am new but my email is [email protected]. Please email me if you would like to help!

Thanks,
Sara

Back
Top Bottom