Updates on my birds XD

VOX

Chirping
9 Years
May 26, 2010
Wouldn't you like to know..
Well i got good news about the chicken i posted on here a few days ago(the one in bad shape with no hair). Shes starting to grow hair again!! Also i told yall i got bunches of ducky eggs but i couldent get an incubator cuz the person i borrowed it from was using it so....i made my own incubator and the eggs are in there at 99.5 ^_^

But.....I have chickens and ducks both in there....this would be fine wouldent it? cuz iv heard you spray/mist duck eggs after the 7th day of incubation. i could be wrong. If anyone could educate me on this id be most thankful. Oh and my ducky that no one could figure out what he was heres a pic of is belly is turning real real realy brown as well as the top of his wings(My duck could be female im not sure yet.....still...lol)

58749_dscf2656.jpg

And in the pic im not holding his break or anything to hurt him, i let him peck my fingers to avoid his eyes getting hurt by the flash of the camera

Last edited:
The only concern I have about incubating duck and chicken eggs together is the humidity difference. The humidity for ducks is much higher than chickens.
That is only my opinion, but I hope you have a successful hatch of both.
I just set 5 White Call eggs yesterday myself and am keeping my fingers crossed that in 25 days I will have beautiful new ducklings! Hope you do, too!

Your Ducky is looking good. I'm glad the chicken is getting better.

I wouldn't worry about the flash on the camera unless you put it right up to his eyes or it's really, really dark in the room, especially if it's the small pop-up flash. I take photos of birds all the time, even baby ducklings, and use a small flash and it doesn't even faze them. If it accidentally goes off when I'm too close, they close their eyes. I have a personal policy about taking flash photos of ducklings or chicks right after they hatch and are still wet, but that's my own personal policy. If at all possible, I try not to use flash, but I don't worry about it. Just make sure you're a few feet away if you need to use it.

Last edited:
yeah, anyone have a idea on what kind of duck he is, is underneth is pinkish brownish tanish(lol) color. And i cant seem to get high humidity in my homade incubator. any tips on how too?

First of all happy to hear your chicken is growing hair again. But what breed is it I've never seen a chicken with hair? and don't know anything about incubators, but that little duck sure is cute what I can see, would be nice if we could see a face with that body. I have muscovies so can't help you on breed I don't think.

Give me just a sec and ill post you a full pic of him( ill take new nice picture) but i have one more major question. Im haveing a problem with my ducks food. the protein is to much(24% when he needs 16-18% and there is no place that sells duck food in 16-18 % where i live. its all 24%) but if i mixed cracked corn with the 24% food should it lower it some and be ok? ( just a sec ill post a pic of my lovely ducky)

I'm not sure on how to answer your questions. I have heard that mixing other foods like oats can help balance the protein. Also, sometimes bill peeling can be normal. But, the photos may indicate he might be rubbing it on something. But, those are things I'm not 100% sure of.

Back
Top Bottom