Updates on the last pages: Neighbor is threatening me and my chickens

Pics
The petition isn’t going well. I feel like giving up. I don’t know why I’m the one fighting for the other chicken keepers in the village when they have stopped fighting. It’s now my family and one other guy. I can’t even get them to text me back about signing it. I can be in compliance with the current ordinance. Do I hate the current ordinance? Yeah. But it allows me to keep my roosters. Why am I fighting a fight I don’t have to fight?

On top of all of this now the ordinance officer is after me about my plant stand. I sell succulents out of a small portable greenhouse. Like a farm stand but for succulents. It goes up in front of my house, with a hand painted sign, and people leave money in a coffee can. The ordinance officer is saying it’s a garage sale. I contacted the planning board to get a permit and she said it wasn’t a garage sale but a small business. Well it apparently isn’t that either because the planning board and the mayor are going to have a meeting to figure out what my greenhouse is. The mayor already hates me. Now he wants to take away my income. My husband thinks we should be a part of the meeting between the planning board and the mayor. Would that be a good idea?

The petition isn’t going well. I feel like giving up. I don’t know why I’m the one fighting for the other chicken keepers in the village when they have stopped fighting. It’s now my family and one other guy. I can’t even get them to text me back about signing it. I can be in compliance with the current ordinance. Do I hate the current ordinance? Yeah. But it allows me to keep my roosters. Why am I fighting a fight I don’t have to fight?

On top of all of this now the ordinance officer is after me about my plant stand. I sell succulents out of a small portable greenhouse. Like a farm stand but for succulents. It goes up in front of my house, with a hand painted sign, and people leave money in a coffee can. The ordinance officer is saying it’s a garage sale. I contacted the planning board to get a permit and she said it wasn’t a garage sale but a small business. Well it apparently isn’t that either because the planning board and the mayor are going to have a meeting to figure out what my greenhouse is. The mayor already hates me. Now he wants to take away my income. My husband thinks we should be a part of the meeting between the planning board and the mayor. Would that be a good idea?
Goodness! This sounds as if taken right from some Monty Python Show.

Mayor and ordinance officer etc. appear to be laughing stocks...:th

Good, bad, or indifferent, if the meeting is about you, you/counsel should be there.
I’m having my husband get ahold of the planning committee person tomorrow to request we be there. I left a message with her today but she told me not to worry about it until after the fourth. How am I not supposed to worry? The village is trying to take away my income. Sure it isn’t a lot but it helps pay some bills.
Goodness! This sounds as if taken right from some Monty Python Show.

Mayor and ordinance officer etc. appear to be laughing stocks...:th
You said it. They have no idea how to do their jobs. I don’t even think they know what their jobs are. The sad part is that the ordinance officer is the officer for like 6 counties. It’s pathetic. Each county should have their own officer. This guy spends one day a week in each county. So he really doesn’t care.

Would possibly a lemonade stand permit work in this situation? Do people have vegetable stands in your town? If yes, what permit/license do they need?
I think that’s why there needs to be a meeting. There’s no zoning law or ordinance pertaining to any kind of stand like that for my village. At least that was my understanding when I talked to the planning board lady. It’s good questions to ask the mayor and planning board though. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom