Updates on the last pages: Neighbor is threatening me and my chickens

Pics
My neighbor is also harassing my husband now. There’s a chip in his house that he’s convinced my husband did since we got a new truck. My husband worked on a car lot parking cars. He knows how to back up tractor trailers. But my neighbor insists we messed up his house. Now anytime we back into the drive he comes out and screams at my husband. Tomorrow we’re calling the county sheriffs to see what they can do about this. Hopefully we can get a restraining order and make this guy move. I’m afraid he’s going to go after my kids next the way he’s acting.
Wow, just wow. This guy is nuts. A Restraining order sounds like a great idea.

Get it on camera with the exact date and time and have him shipped off to a mental institution. Enough is enough.
Turns out my security camera in my yard recorded the last incident of him yelling at my husband. I made sure to save it to my phone. I also set up a new camera pointed directly at the driveway this time. Which he’s convinced is pointed at his house. The way the houses are set up, his house is caught on the camera. But I set up the camera to prove we aren’t backing into his house. When he tries to sue us we will have video evidence of us never touching his house. He watched me set up the camera and was so pissed about it.

Wow, just wow. This guy is nuts. A Restraining order sounds like a great idea.
We called the sheriffs today and started with them just taking a statement. That way when the neighbor pulls this crap again all we have to do is call the sheriff and they’ll come right out to take care of him. Because it’ll be a second complaint. I’m sure we will be calling them before the week is out too.

At this point I know he’s going to try and protest the variance but I’m pretty sure we will get it either way. We’re meeting with the realtor this Thursday, my only day off, and as long as we have some proof to show the village that we’re moving they should give us the variance. According to the zoning laws a neighbor can protest the variance in writing and they need at least 20% of the neighbors within 300 feet of the property to agree. If I’m remembering that right anyway. But I’m not sure anyone has even read the zoning laws. Pretty sure there’s just going to be a meeting where the zoning board votes. Neighbor will go and complain, like always. Hopefully all the paperwork (letter from my therapist, registered ESA certificate, and any house stuff we get done) we bring will show the zoning board how serious we are.

So this guys response to me putting up a camera and calling the dog warden? Both I did to protect myself.

He called CPS. Only to try and piss me off. But here’s the thing I saw this coming. Not because I beat my children. But because he tried using them at the village meetings to get rid of the chickens. My children are also the only “things” he can use against me. But I’m a good mother. My anxiety won’t let me be a bad mother. So he’s just wasting CPS’s time. Am I pissed about him calling them? Yeah. Sure. But he’s a loser and just trying to hurt me. He isn’t getting his way and can’t think of any other way to hurt me. He isn’t used to people fighting back against him.

So this guys response to me putting up a camera and calling the dog warden? Both I did to protect myself.

He called CPS. Only to try and piss me off. But here’s the thing I saw this coming. Not because I beat my children. But because he tried using them at the village meetings to get rid of the chickens. My children are also the only “things” he can use against me. But I’m a good mother. My anxiety won’t let me be a bad mother. So he’s just wasting CPS’s time. Am I pissed about him calling them? Yeah. Sure. But he’s a loser and just trying to hurt me. He isn’t getting his way and can’t think of any other way to hurt me. He isn’t used to people fighting back against him.
Please read up on your rights as far as cps goes, if you haven't already.

Please read up on your rights as far as cps goes, if you haven't already.
I have read some things and from what I read cooperating is the best thing to do. I don’t have to let them into my home or let them talk to my children. I don’t even have to talk to them if I don’t want to. But I talked to my therapist about it and he told me that I should have nothing to worry about. I plan to cooperate with CPS fully. I don’t abuse my children. If I did their therapist probably would have called CPS by now. But the therapist they see and my therapist don’t see their living situation as a threat. Hopefully CPS won’t see my work schedule as me avoiding them. My mom is also going to talk to CPS on my behalf. Since I won’t be home tomorrow and I’m sure that’s when they’ll show up again.

I have read some things and from what I read cooperating is the best thing to do. I don’t have to let them into my home or let them talk to my children. I don’t even have to talk to them if I don’t want to. But I talked to my therapist about it and he told me that I should have nothing to worry about. I plan to cooperate with CPS fully. I don’t abuse my children. If I did their therapist probably would have called CPS by now. But the therapist they see and my therapist don’t see their living situation as a threat. Hopefully CPS won’t see my work schedule as me avoiding them. My mom is also going to talk to CPS on my behalf. Since I won’t be home tomorrow and I’m sure that’s when they’ll show up again.
Okay. I have read many horror stories about CPS overstepping boundaries, so I like to be extra careful.

Okay. I have read many horror stories about CPS overstepping boundaries, so I like to be extra careful.
The CPS lady came over today. She looked at the house and talked to my kids. She saw no issues and only has to come back for a follow up. What was reported to CPS was that my 7, they’re 9, year old children are living in squalor. Dirty dishes and cat poop everywhere. The house smells. Oh and a couple days ago one of the children got attacked by a rooster and pecked on the head to the point where they were screaming and crying. Ugh. All lies.

Does my house smell? Yeah it has an odor. But all houses have odors when you have animals. The odor here is mostly old people and cats. But not to the point where it hits you and emanates from the open windows.
Do I have dirty dishes? What house doesn’t. The lady saw no issues when she was here. She said she did smell something but my 91 year old grandmother lives here. She smells like old people. The CPS lady asked my kids if they get attacked by the roosters. They told her the truth. That we had a rooster that was human aggressive. But we got rid of him. Now we have a silkie that tries to charge at them but they just pick him up. She asked them about anyone getting pecked on the head. They said no one had. Then said maybe it was Kali. A friend we had over on Saturday. The silkie went after her and she didn’t know what to do. I intervened before she could get hurt and locked up the rooster. But she didn’t get hurt or pecked on the head. I’m glad my children see a therapist because she can vouch for everything that we told her.

The CPS lady came over today. She looked at the house and talked to my kids. She saw no issues and only has to come back for a follow up. What was reported to CPS was that my 7, they’re 9, year old children are living in squalor. Dirty dishes and cat poop everywhere. The house smells. Oh and a couple days ago one of the children got attacked by a rooster and pecked on the head to the point where they were screaming and crying. Ugh. All lies.

Does my house smell? Yeah it has an odor. But all houses have odors when you have animals. The odor here is mostly old people and cats. But not to the point where it hits you and emanates from the open windows.
Do I have dirty dishes? What house doesn’t. The lady saw no issues when she was here. She said she did smell something but my 91 year old grandmother lives here. She smells like old people. The CPS lady asked my kids if they get attacked by the roosters. They told her the truth. That we had a rooster that was human aggressive. But we got rid of him. Now we have a silkie that tries to charge at them but they just pick him up. She asked them about anyone getting pecked on the head. They said no one had. Then said maybe it was Kali. A friend we had over on Saturday. The silkie went after her and she didn’t know what to do. I intervened before she could get hurt and locked up the rooster. But she didn’t get hurt or pecked on the head. I’m glad my children see a therapist because she can vouch for everything that we told her.
I'm so glad it went well. ❤️

I'm so glad it went well. ❤️
Me too. My anxiety was through the roof over this. And google had me all freaked out. But my children’s therapist assured me I had nothing to worry about. She’s a mandated reporter and she doesn’t feel the need to call cps on me.

I just can’t wait to move. We met with a realtor today and hopefully things will get rolling faster. No new news on the variance or the meeting. I won’t know anything more until next week. I’m going to be freaking out about that as it gets closer though.

Back
Top Bottom