Upgrading... Which Incubator to get? I need your input...

ThaJuicyJuice

Songster
8 Years
Feb 3, 2011
Miami
Hello, I have the hovabator 1602N with added fan and turner. I want to upgrade to something more precise. What is the best value, in your opinion for something more stable? I was looking at the Brinsea eco with turning cradle, but it is limited for capacity. Perhaps a top hatch or the Hovabator Genesis with tuner. Your quick response is much appreciated. Thank you.

I have three Brinsea incubators now, and I have nothing but great things to say about them! I started with the Mini Eco about two months ago and within a month purchased two of the Octagon 20 Ecos. I've had two 100% hatches in the Mini Eco so far, and I have both of my Octagon 20 Ecos loaded with 36 Silkie eggs and the temps are holding rock solid. They're awesome!

I agree brinsea! But it doesnt hold much. I couldnt squeeze more than 16 of my hens eggs in mine, so i sold it.
sad.png
wish they made one the size of the hovabators that wasnt $600. I m using the stupid tsc one now and my eggs hatched a week early! Even tho the temp said it was right! Brinsea, lost power for 4 days a week into incubation, wrapped it up in a towel, eggs hatched, on time too!

It depends on how many eggs you plan on hatching. The 1588 can hold double what the eco 20 can hold. But, the plastic of the eco 20 is more durable than the styrafoam of the 1588. I have 2 1588's and do like them. I also have an octagon 40 thats about 8 or so years old. Still works great.

I had 3 Brinsea ECO 20s, and they worked wonderfully! They come up to temperature quickly, very easy to clean, and great hatches. Only reason I've parted with them is their fairly small capacity. At this point I need a cabinet to hatch out a larger number of chicks.

Brinsea ECO 20. With the coupon they have offered each month folks save a few $$ Most just seem to get another one if they need to increase the number of eggs. Some folks stack eggs and get more in plus a good hatch. I just put 18 eggs in mine and hatched 16 shipped eggs.

Hova is nice and big but I would go with the eco, its plastic and should last through a lot more washes and uses than styrofoam.
I have an octagon advance (same body / turner as eco) and its a nice design, bigger than I expected.

Depends on how much you plan to hatch at once too though.

Back
Top Bottom