Upgrading... Which Incubator to get? I need your input...

I am definitely looking for something that I'll use every few months. Just didn't want to scale down in capacity, but looks like I will have to for quality. What coupon are you talking about andalusn?

I was thrilled at how easy it was to clean the ECO 20. Some folks even place them in the dishwasher. I just fill the sink with hot soapy water and wash/rinse/dry.

In the monthly hatch contests they have been posting a coupon code at the beginning of each month that's good for about two weeks.. they did a special for Easter that went through the weekend and expired on Sunday night. Next one should be in a week. They mentioned it on their facebook page that there would be one for May..

Last edited:
I have 4 incubators. I have a Brauer plastic auto stir table top model that works but I don't like it. I have 2 little giants that worked very well but were getting old enough that I don't trust them. I feel that little giants got a bad rap over the years based on my personal experience. This year I bought a Genesis with auto turn. WOW!!! Perfect temps and I use my little giants for the 3 day no turn time for hatching. I would recommend the Genesis and suggest watching water level since the fan makes water evaporate quicker than any of my still air models. My hatch rate is no better or worse than my still air model but it sure made life easier. Love it. It is as good as can be, costs under $200, and holds 42 eggs in turner.

Ahhh. This is where the decision gets difficult. I do like the brinsea being made of plastic. I know just breathing on the hovabator imprints the styrofoam (* exaggeration).

I had never heard of a brower. Anyways $150 is worth it. I SO miss my brinsea, i didnt just buy a second becuase the top is awkward and i didnt have anywhere to put both of them. Man i HATE my LG!

So i would get the autoturner with the brinsea, that would help with the awkward top issue. Besides, price wise, you can sell it when your done for almost what you paid for it.

I only have two hatches under my belt so I'm not speaking with much experience but I love our Brinsea Eco 20! I did my research and the reliability of the Brinsea and how easily they clean up sold me. If I was planning to hatch more than one Eco 20 could hold I would probably buy additional Eco 20 units. Good luck with your decision!

Brinsea eco 20 ALL THE WAY! I have done thoes styro's and the brower top hatch...the eco 20 is way superior BY FAR!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom