Upper respiratory in hen!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mkat09, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Mkat09

Mkat09 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2015
    I came home last nite to a lethargic pullet she had some clear nasal discharge and swelling around one of her eyes. She still had a full crop last night. I seperated her out and managed to get a little bit of pro biotics and electrolytes (as well as the resr of the flock) into her hopeing she would continue to drink. This am I went on the hunt for lyncomycin and have started all 10 birds on a 10 day course. My one lathargic hen is now not intrested on food or water and crop is empty. I mixed some lyncomycin into some baby food and did manage to get some down her but not as much as I would have liked. Is there any thing else I can do for my sick pullet? Shes quarenteened with food at lycomycin laced water.

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    Some people use Tylan 50 injectible for respiratory infections. 1/2 cc injected into the side of the breast muscle daily for 5 days. Hope your hen is better soon!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    Agree!

4. Mkat09

Mkat09 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2015
    She seems better today her eyes are both ctusted butbis willingly eating when I offer it. I have some antibiotics to treat her eyes with so hopfully she will be back to normal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by