Upper Respiratory Issue

Iva S.

Songster
Jul 8, 2017
My rooster is sick. He barely crows, wattles are swollen, lots of nasal drainage, some eye drainage, recently he lacks an appetite, and earlier this morning he started wheezing really loudly. I’ve been told it’s an upper respiratory infection, and I’ve been treating him with VetRX and adding electrolytes in his water. I think one of my hens got a less extreme of this before Rooster, so I’ve been treating the whole flock.
4BEC001F-12A9-4346-8F48-6114763408CF.jpeg

Whataaa handsome roo ..
Well I can see his red comb situation is not so bad I Notice He Having Watery Eyes ..Boil Some Water Add 2-5 Drops Of Oregano Oil & Give It For First Aid ..& .u need some Doxycycline or Tylosin And Give Him In Water

VetRX maybe not able to treat the current situation or infection ..I've some NEODOX powder that able To treat deep seated infection & CRD

My rooster is sick. He barely crows, wattles are swollen, lots of nasal drainage, some eye drainage, recently he lacks an appetite, and earlier this morning he started wheezing really loudly. I’ve been told it’s an upper respiratory infection, and I’ve been treating him with VetRX and adding electrolytes in his water. I think one of my hens got a less extreme of this before Rooster, so I’ve been treating the whole flock. View attachment 1284435[/QUOTE .Look up Newcastle Disease. I just lost 64 chickens in 6 days.

Could it be Bluecomb? One of his eyes is swollen shut. We did just get antibiotics though, so hopefully this will help.

He’s doing much better! One eye is completely open again and the other is almost open. He hasn’t started crowing again yet, but he’s eating/drinking fine and his poop looks pretty normal. His comb is red like before and his wattles are kinda swollen still, but not really. Roo’s snot levels have decreased (thank goodness) and he’s doing pretty great. Tylan 50 was the shots we gave him.

Back
Top Bottom