Upset about my pekins- just need a friend or two

rant.gif
Rotten woman...

Holy cow, $100 for 4 Pekins?!? They had better lay golden eggs for that price.

I feel bad that you had to go through something like this. Some people are just out to make money, they have no decency.

I didn't know the price that most would usually pay for a Pekin. And not really knowing anyone here in town I figured well she has em and the kids would like them and I need some eggs sooner the ever. I paid. Now I even regret calling that woman the first time. But, the kids love them and I am not going to get rid of them because of their sex. I will just have to spend more money and buy some females for the boys. My two girls haven't named their boys yet only because it's hard to tell them apart. My son's however is the biggest and very friendly so he named him AFLAC. Our joke around here is if you have a claim please take it up with the guys at the headquarters which is located in the backyard. Understand all claims might not be proccessed they way you want! lol
Thank you all for being supportive!

Just a suggestion, but maybe while the kids aren't around offer to swap the males for female and maybe throw in $15-$20 to make sure you have females. Maybe the kids won't know the difference when they get home?! 4 ducks when they left 4 ducks when they get home?! Everyone is happy!

I know its sneaky, but it may work to everyone's advantage!

yes, you reap what you sow.

i'm so sorry this happened to you. if you lived closer, i would give you a couple of girls.

welcome to byc, btw.

Last edited:
I'm SO sorry that your experience turned out to be with a con. I'm new to chickens and ducks and it'd be easy for someone to take advantage of me as well. Thankfully, I'm learning a lot by visiting these forums and soaking up all the knowledge I can.

I hope that you're able to let people in your area know about this cheat of a person. I do believe that she will reap what she sows.

Good luck with your Pekins... I've never seen one other than pics, but they sure seem cute!

you know this wasn't the first time I was treated this way. And now I have decided it will be my last. I am up front with people and I will let them know that I am still learning about ducks or about other breeds beside RIR and NHRs. I did live some what of a sheltered life as a child, when it came to animals. There was one way and that was grandpa's way and no asking questions about it. We loved animals but our hands on weren't exactly all the way.. We did what we were told and nothing more..So, I am learning different chicken breeds and all the ducks.. I am enjoying learning the part I hate is those that take advantage because I don't know everything. So, now that I know about hatcheries I am surely taking my advantage of that and ordering my first batch of chickens tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom