UPSET AT POST OFFICE! **UPDATED!!**

Quote:
Yeah--no response, yet....
idunno.gif

How can you owe postage on a flat rate box? Sounds like he just wants free eggs. I received broken eggs and was happy to send photos to the ebay seller.

Unfortunately there are crooks out there who will use negative feedback as a reason to get free stuff. What is HIS feedback like?

Shortcake,

Possibly? I mean, I've NEVER had ANY issues shipping eggs before...one or two that didn't hatch after I shipped, but I always ship extras (at least one or two)....

That's what I thought, too...flat rate is flat rate...

I'm becoming more & more upset about this, the more I think about it!
somad.gif

Have you shipped new eggs yet? I wouldn't, not until you have proof of the extra postage owed AND photos. What's to say he still won't leave negative feedback once you ship free replacements?...yep I have actually had people on ebay leave me neg feedback ( not on eggs ) after I resent something or "made them happy"

Quote:
I think that's the case--he wants free eggs. I've also received broken eggs...and sent pics...

Okay--so I checked out HIS feedback again.

He's got 602 Positives & 3 Negatives...but none in the last 12 months....so he seemed fairly legit. However, I haven't left him feedback yet--just in case he leaves me negative, so I can return the favor.
wink.png

In addition, my eBay ad clearly states that I will not be responsible for eggs were are broken during shipment if insurance is not purchased. There will be no returns or refunds.....

I was going to offer him FREE eggs & FREE shipping on more eggs...now I'm reconsidering that offer....at least until I get proof that he was charged more $.

I also contacted the post office & asked about the $1.90 that was due before he got the box--they ALSO want to see a receipt! Which I emailed this info to the man & still no reply....

Quote:
Nope because we've had a cold snap (it was 24 degrees last night) and my girls have stopped laying...so nope, I haven't sent him any eggs. And I only ship eggs on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays, anyway.

He might still leave me negative feedback, even AFTER I send them--that's a possibilty...but I haven't left him any feedback, yet, either. So if he pulls that stuff with me, I'll just return the favor.
smack.gif

It just sounds really fishy and I'd hate to see you out time and $. He didn't purchase insurance so that is his fault, you wrapped well, any money he owed for postage is wrong and why is he so nasty? Just take some photos and be nice about it.

I got eggs a month back with 3 of 8 completely smashed in the box. I contacted the seller, was very nice about it (blamed the PO not him) sent him photos and my new eggs arrived today. We waited until I tried to hatch the other 5 eggs. Positive feedback was left and everyone is happy.

Not to take over your thread but I bought a bator on ebay advertised as gently used. It arrived full of rotten egg and mold. Never cleaned from the last hatch! GROSS. Contacted seller, no response, filed Paypal claim, seller finally contacted me and said if I'd leave him pos feedback he'd refund me.... guess what... 3 weeks later and no refund for me, and he hasn't left me feedback either so I'm sure if Paypal finds in my favor he will leave me a big fat neg.

Sometimes it's worth taking a negative than to give a deadbeat something for free.

# Priority Mail flat-rate boxes provided by the USPS, regardless of weight or destination:

* $8.95 is charged for material sent in Priority Mail regular flat-rate boxes (FRB-2) or (FRB-1) to domestic and APO/FPO addresses.
* $10.95 is charged for material sent in a Priority Mail large flat-rate box to APO/FPO destination addresses.
* $12.95 is charged for material sent in a Priority Mail large flat-rate box to domestic destinations.

This is from usps.com. So I definately say he's full of it or has you confused with another seller.

Back
Top Bottom