Upsetting topic

So I'm just going to put this out there. I have the same problem constantly. My family says I have too many chickens or too many rabbits. I do raise some up and sell. I used to sell eggs too. And sell rabbits a couple times a year.

But I caved to the constant pressure. I sold a ton, about 3/4 of the birds I had. And half my rabbits. I only have 10 rabbits now. And I'm down to less than 10 silkies and 5 EE hens. And guess what was said to me again last weekend? You have too many chickens, you need to think about selling some! I buy all the feed and anything else that they need or use. They all live in nice big coops with 10x12ft runs.

So even of you do sell some it will probably get brought up again that you have too many.

sometimes we cant see or dont want to accept a problem even when it is staring us right in the face. we love our pets and even the thought of parting with them is painful. sometimes it takes someone on the outside to tell us clearly that there is a problem needing attention.
you mention moving your birds to a larger coop. are they cramped right now? are there problems health wise with the birds because of the crowding?
who is responsible for the costs? You or someone else.
is the cost of the feed making it hard to cover other responsibilities?
you are not giving us enough information to give you the appropriate response.

Back
Top Bottom