Upside down rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by McGoo, Apr 27, 2008.

1. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I just went out to the chickens to give them some food and all of them came over except Mr. Ed. He was in a dust bath, but was upside down and looked as if he couldn't turn over. So I pushed him over and he was back to normal - trying to assert his authority. [​IMG] That's another story.... I had to pick him up and hold him for a while... etc.

But is the upside-down part normal? [​IMG] I've never seen it before and just think that it seems unnatural and possibly harmful.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

He was enjoying his bath beyond all bliss and you had to go snap him out of it! [​IMG] LOL

I swear, in those baths, they can look beyond dead at times! It's probably just fine.

3. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks. After I interrupted and he was so nasty and he seemed fine I figured it was okay... just checking [​IMG]
    And I forgot to mention that he was with his new special gal, Estella. Those men He's been working his way through the red head, the blonde and now the brunette. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ps Actually this is a good thing since I've had to put aprons on the other gals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by