Upstate, NY chicken peeps!

Quote:
We're in Unadilla, which is 2/3 of the way from Albany to Binghamton.
Last year we started with 24 hens--4 Buff Orpingtons, six Black Australorps, 4 Barred Rocks, 4 Buff Brahmas, 2 Golden Comets, and 4 RIRs. This year we continued with 51 more (2 turn out to be boys)--about 20 Golden Comets, 3 each of Gold- and Silver-Laced Wyandottes, Light Brahmas, Dark Brahmas, and a bunch of Araucanas (I'm still trying to figure out if they are technically Araucanas or Ameraucanas). We let the older ones free-range all over the yard all day. Hope to find some Black Copper Marans and Welsummers in the area soon.

We LOVE our chickens!!

OH My! You are just over the hill from me- Im in Sidney Center! And wow you have a LOT of chickens- Im jealous!! You should post some pictures, I'd love to see them!

I checked your page--your coop is so cool! We have a very plain one. My sons and their freinds built a small one last year (about 8x9), but tore it down and rebuilt over the past month. The new one is 10x20. I think I wasn't able to post photos last time I tried because I was just hatched. I will try again soon. Have you heard of anyone local who breeds Black Copper Marans?

Quote:
OH My! You are just over the hill from me- Im in Sidney Center! And wow you have a LOT of chickens- Im jealous!! You should post some pictures, I'd love to see them!

I checked your page--your coop is so cool! We have a very plain one. My sons and their freinds built a small one last year (about 8x9), but tore it down and rebuilt over the past month. The new one is 10x20. I think I wasn't able to post photos last time I tried because I was just hatched. I will try again soon. Have you heard of anyone local who breeds Black Copper Marans?

Sue does in Vernon...Sterlingcenter Farm....

Quote:

Hi Binky!

Thanks, the coop was a fun project! (Mostly for me as I just stood around and told Jim what I wanted
old.gif
....not so much fun for him..
rant.gif

They dont spend any time in it in the summer, they are out free-ranging all day as well....

I do not know anyone locally for the BCM's, you can maybe check Brandows Feed N Seed on Rt. 7 in Otego. They may know of someone. Those guys are super-nice! Let me know how you make out!

Back
Top Bottom