UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
Hello peeps! updated with donators and directions to my house!!! 9/25/10 T-SHIRT PHOTOS AT BOTTOM OF POST-PLEASE READ!!! 9/17/10

EVERYONE

THIS IS NOT A TWO DAY FUNCTION PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND- THE CHICKENSTOCK TAKES PLACE

SUNDAY ONLY 10-4. THERE ARE A FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE TRAVELING FROM OTHER STATES WITH MOST OF THE BIRDS THAT WILL BE PRESENT AND THEY ARE ARRIVING LATE SAT NIGHT-NOTHING IS GOING ON SAT- iM SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION--I dont know why people think this is starting sat 10-4 and Sunday 10-4---SUNDAY ONLY 10-4.....PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP ON SAT THINKING THE SALES/SWAPS ARE GOING ON-THEY ARE NOT. I PROMISE -YOU ARENT GOING TO MISS ANYTHING. I THOUGHT I BETTER POST THIS AGAIN BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP ASKING ME WHEN ON SAT THEY SHOULD COME????

OCT 3RD -SUNDAY 10-4 THANK YOU FOLKS:)

OK here goes I will have tasks and jobs for people too-so any help would be totally appreciated.

I live in WAYYY northern NY in Onchiota 12989 ( Mapquest it to see how far you are from me)
Sunday-Oct 3rd. Start at 10 am-ending 4pm

ok all you cant get anymore specific than this here are the photos

When you get to GABRIELS-you need to take a left/right towards ONCHIOTA--I will post a RED sign with black lettering on both sides of road so you can see it from both directions

-turns towards ONCHIOTA-it is 6 miles -6- to my mother in laws antique store on corner of ONCHIOTA-we live in a tiny bumpkin town 200-300 people no stores or what not unless you go back to Gabriels-and Gabriels is just a corner store-so If you come into Lake Placid or Saranac Lake and need groceries or what not get it in those two towns ( they are only 15 minutes from my house)

-You will drive straight-DO NOT TAKE THE BEND IN THE ROAD THAT TURNS TOWARDS THE RIGHT- you will pass a tiny blue house on right-GO SLOW as its right there-I have 2 driveways-please do not come down them unless you have arranged it with me-there will not be turn around areas as you would go through the crowd..LOL

-First driveway you will see this garage-NOT OURS-our driveway is immediately after that on right
25181_cimg4632.jpg

what it looks like down that driveway
25181_cimg4634.jpg

you wil see this garage right after that driveway ( OUR GARAGE) yes the mess will be cleaned DH works up there for work
25181_cimg4635.jpg

25181_cimg4633.jpg

from our garage you wil see this-there's alot os road to park on sides please
25181_cimg4636.jpg

go a tad further ( 3 seconds) and you will come upon this flower set up at the top of our other driveway
25181_cimg4637.jpg

25181_cimg4637.jpg

25181_cimg4639.jpg

There can be parking at the top of that driveway if you can squish as there are 2 turnaround areas up there
There are miles of parking spots up at the road-since it is soo close to my house please park up there--and please dont block other driveways-my neighbors will hunt me down hahaha
Heres where everything will take place-you can see where Dh spent the past 2 weekends clearing it out and maoving back the driveway a good 15-20 feet!!
25181_cimg4627.jpg

In fact he is still out there will Im cooking the Ziti:)
25181_cimg4629.jpg

25181_cimg4630.jpg

25181_cimg4643.jpg

25181_cimg4648.jpg

25181_cimg4650.jpg

Part of before photos-much worse two weeks ago-as I have been splitting and stacking wood non stop to get it out of the way for us:)
25181_cimg4651.jpg

Dh and his toy:)
25181_cimg4662.jpg

Moving trees to make it wider for Gretchens trailor:) Princess Gretchen LOL
25181_cimg4661.jpg

Moving pallets of wood
25181_cimg4656.jpg

Bonfire pit by the water
25181_cimg4625.jpg

PurpleChicken wrote: processing-

We did it two years ago and it was a huge success. People who never thought they could process did a heck of a job. I'm no expert, just a backyard hack, but they come out ok. PC I ORDERED MEATIES!!! They will be ready to be process chickenstock weekend!!!! 25!!! b]It can be a dirty job too so whoever wants to get their hands dirty should bring a set of junk clothes. Thank you to Katy for helping me order those!!! If you are bringing roos to process make sure you bring icey coolers and bags to put them in please:)

We would need:
A hatchet - CHECK
Cone - Won one at CS PA I am having 2-3 more made:) alot cheaper than buying them!!!
Stump-CHECK-at Nat's ( Ive used it many times:)
Table-CHECK!!! at Nat's
Running water-CHECK-loooong hose:) at nats
Garbage bags-Check-At Nat's
Gloves - I'll bring a box-can get a ton at work and aprons too!!!
Knives-CHeck-Ill sharpen them:)
Turkey fryer/scalder - I think mine still works---Acid chipmunk bring it and propane tank ( I also have another propane tank)
Plucker - For 6 or less birds manual plucking is fine -7/25/10 made a small wizzbanger! works great-jeepster is bringing his too!!!
Containers to soak birds in and transport home--I will be home for my meaties so it will perfect-if anyone is bringing roos please bring your bags and containers for the birds-
Photographer
Bartender CHECK CHECK CHECK
DJ

This is going to be sweeeet!!

-I will have to rent a port o potty-as my one bathroom on septic could not handle alot of people- Lovinmypeeps donated that!!!!

-I have to look into Insurance I guess-I didnt know that, but Ill look into it just in case ( https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=353053 )

COMPANIES DONATING FOR PRIZES!!!! as of 9/17/10

So Far
1.) Happy Hen treats is donating
2.) Murray McMurray is donating
3.) MyPetChickens is donating
4.) Randall Burkey Co. doanted Happy hen treats
5.) Sullivan Supply-Donating 10% off coupons under 500$
6.) The Purina CO. is donating great food coupons and gift packages!!!!
7.) Foleyswaterfowl donating 5 BLRW-5 SLW-and 5 blue W chicks-day olds!!! you pay shipping 40$? and chicks are free!!!!
8.) Myer's Hatchery donating incubator 1602N-7 gallon water fountain-and T-shirts!!!!!
9.) Magrags will be donating chicken saddles and such too
10.) AmyJ will be donating her artwork/painting:)
11.) Ideal Poultry donating 25 pullet surprise gift certificate!!!!
12.) Eggcartons.com magnets-calendars-catalogs-INCUBATOR/TURNER FAN/ETC...free shipping coupons and many more surprise items for us to raffle!
13.) Blue Seal samples foods and T-shirts:)

-If you are tenting it-please let me know again So I can reserve "spots" for campers or campers:)
1.) Acid Chipmunk
2.) Gretchen-a mouth-watering exotic chicken salad and this awesome egg salad spread
3.) Brindlbtch
4.) Deanners
5.) Bob??
6.) PC

-We'll do a 50/50 raffle too-that was awesome ( yeah to carrie/Mike Steph and Jason) 1$ each or 6 for 5$

-CHICKENSTALKER ( KAREN)I will do the egg auction again except in a different more organized manor than I did before. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE FERTILE HATCHING EGGS PLEASE CONTACT HER IMMEDIATELY]

SONEW123
12 Olive egger eggs
12+ split lav silkie eggs ( split to Split) could get pure lavs from these guys:)
12 MIXED DUCK EGGS

There are rules about kids on my property-no one else has asked until now so this is perfect timing and Ill repost my rules on the first page 8/29/10
[/u]

NO unsupervised kids at anytime unless they are 10 and older-there is water everywhere around me and I dont care how good of a swimmer someone tells me their children are-that scares me and I dont need that uneeded stress of worrying sick over others children.

There is an enclosed trampoline-no more than 3 children at a time-Supervised by their parents. If you see more than that-Please tell me and I will take care of it or FEEEL FREE to do so yourselves-more than that and I have had and seen children get hurt-

There is a paddle boat-They may use with an Adult ( not a teenager-an adult)

There are canoes and life jackets-you may use them-with an adult in it-anyone who goes out into water wears a life jacket- Thems is the rules on this pond-LOL

There is a cabin with an old pool table in it-they may use that too-

There is a mule ( quad) this will not be used it will be put away-but in sight

There is a golf cart-this will not be used-put away but in sight

No children opening my pens to see/touch/hold my birds-I will chop hands...LOL-seriously I cant tell you how many people who have come over and watched their children chase-trap-throw rocks-tease my birds and say nothing to them--I WILL speak up, without fear, to children and parents.

Now those who know me know Im am REALLY easy to get along with and I love to have fun-but when it comes to jeapordizing the safety of a child or my birds-
All my birds will be locked up for the duration of chickenstock so as not to cause any cross contamination or harm to them. So we really shouldnt have to worry about children getting into them:)

Other than that-just repsect from them and my property-it is really easy as long as all the parents keep an eye on their kids and the kids understand the areaas where they can and cannot go-which I will show people as they come:)

Thank you for asking and I hope I dont seem too harsh-but I have to be with this many people coming-

-We need tents-large tents just in case the weather looks bad-Please tell me if you can bring one and we will wait until the last minute to look at the weather forcast deciding if we need all of them:)

-I will get a sign in book too-I want to see how many came and get opinions for the next one for improvements and what they liked...

-I will have a section where all animals can go-I DO NOT have a Safe place to house them over night :-( we do have lots of predators and Im so sorry-I do have an upper garage ( Hubby's work shop) I cannot leave that open though as all his tools and such are in there-so Ill make trips with people to put birds in there if needed:) and lock them up for everyone's safety:)

Adirondack motel 518-891-2116 Right on the Lake (20 min from my house)
Lake Flower in 518 891-2310 Right on the Lake ( 20 minutes from my house)
gauthiers Saranac lkae Motor inn Right on Lake 518-891-1950 ( 20 minutes from my house)
Best Western Mountain Lake Inn 518-891-1970 ( 20 minutes from my house)

All of these hotels are right next to eachother and very in walking distance to downtown and ice-cream place and casa del Sol the mexican Rest That Lovins and I go to alot:)

coming:

Sonew123 will do the dogs and burgers! massive macaroni salad-regular salad -Two big trays of Ziti too:) meatballs/sausage if I can do that too--gotta have that since Im Italian!!!

Lovinmypeeps-renting port O pot
Chicken Stalker-raffle tickets and runing egg auction
Baregretchen a mouth-watering exotic chicken salad and this awesome egg salad spread adn donating fertile eggs
Carriehelene-bringing plates/plasticware/cups for 150 people!
PeepsInc...
Purplechicken-my butchering partner in crime!!!
mame1616 water bottles for drinking
Acid Chipmunk -rolls for dogs and burgers and a turkey fryer for PC's processing demonstration!!!!
Jeepster-rolls for dogs and burgers and possibly corn:)
Sashasmom-chips
Featherz-cans of soda
Mrskitten-dessert of some kind and water bottles
Deanners-soda
Muggsmagee dessert ( brownies and orange cranberry scones-ketchup too)
Brindle Pinata~desserts-and lots of great stuff to eat!!!!

AWESOMEFOWL
is on a hunt for seremas--anyone have some they are bringing??? 8/15/10
Chickenstalker needs a Blue Copper Marans Rooster
Mame1616 is looking for
Brahmas - Light or Buff
Cochins - Any color but black
JG's - B, W, Bl, or S
Orpingtons - Any color but black
and Faverolles.

sonew is on the hunt for LF buff brahma's pair or tro nice trio

OK T-SHIRTS HAVE BEEN ORDERED Well I orderd them-I am pre-selling them now because its over 1000$ including shipping and such and that is a huge chunk out of pocket expense-they will 20$ even and you can pre-pay through my paypal at [email protected]-the photos show white with black but the shirts will be black with white writing-tell me through pms what you want
I ordered all mens sizes
sm-med-large and XL

what do you think???
25181_chickenctock_ts.jpg

25181_chickenstock_t-shirt.jpg

do not feel obligated to buy these shirts in anyway-please I know the price is a little much but after the design and shipping thats what I will have to get to break even within a dollar or two-thanks guys!

pre-orders
2-( 1M -1L-PAID) Sonew123
1-( 1 L-PAID THANK YOU) Lovingmypeeps
2-(1L-1XL-PAID THANK YOU) Acidchipmunk-Jeepster-
1-(1 L PAID -THANK YOU) mame1616
1-(2X PAID THANK YOU) shellz131
1-( 1L-PAID THANK YOU!) BloominOrchid
2-( 2 XL-PAID THANK YOU) Aceschix
2-( 1 S-1-XL-PAID THANK YOU) Featherz
2- (2 xl-PAID THANK YOU) brindle
1-(1 Xl-PAID THANK YOU) Deanners

Last edited:
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
This is going to be fun!!!!! we need to narrow down the date. I know there are a couple shows in NY in the fall so we need not conflict with them... Yankee Fall classic and Cobleskill...I at work and I can't view the dates (darn site blockers!)

Quote:
OK BYC is the only place I go for INFO:-( I didnt know there werE others:-(

OK let's go with October 3rd-Sunday -THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS OCT 3RD!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok I checked and you are about 4 1/2 hours from me Natalie. I'd love to come, but have to see if I will be able to.
fl.gif
I dont know if I will have any chicks or other birds to bring, but would be able to bring eggs for hatching
smile.png

Looks like you are about 7hrs from me.
sad.png
I'm pretty sure there is no way I can talk DH into driving that far. He'd likely kill me first.
hmm.png

That's a beautiful area Natalie. I love Lake Placid in the winter, & Keen Valley is incredible. I use to snowmobile in Malone. Friends of mine have a farm house there. You must be pretty close to the Old Military Turnpike? I'd love to take the kids camping up there for the weekend. If my work schedule allows it. That's a great area for a weekend get away.......... For those of you that have never visited the area, Do your self a favor & Go!

Quote:
Im 1/2 hr from Lake Placid...I know I should know that turnpike??? You watch it will hit me in my sleep or something!

Back
Top Bottom