UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

I HAVE CHICKS!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

2 of them out...Im so happy
big_smile.png

Quote:
You would be surprised how sick you DON'T get!. I got the patch from my DR before I left just in case. It was fine. You get a bit wonky feeling at first when the boat moves then after a couple hours it is just fine. Slept awesome with the sound of the ocean off the balcony and the SLIGHT movement!

Hahahahaha! I've gone on several cruises and I never got sick until the last one. Our room was basically in the bilges, on the bottom passenger deck. Forgrt the balcony, we didn't even have a porthole! We hit a very bad storm in the Gulf, and for one afternoon and night and the next morning, I couldn't do anything but lay on my back in our room, and barf occasionally. The higher up in the ship, the more motion, so I just stayed on our deck in the room, where the motion was less. The upper floors had barf bags distributed on the stairs and down the halls for the passenger's convenience. Miserable. Took about a day after to feel human again.

My light Brahma, Flo, laid her first egg today! Right in the middle of the chicken pen! Guess its time to get out the fake eggs again. Silly girl.

Quote:
Mine layed their first eggs on Saturday and 3 of them insist the middle of the floor is best!!

I must have one of yours, then! I got her from Mary. Flo looks like a basketball on fairly short legs. She's quite lovely.

Quote:
Mine layed their first eggs on Saturday and 3 of them insist the middle of the floor is best!!

I must have one of yours, then! I got her from Mary. Flo looks like a basketball on fairly short legs. She's quite lovely.

Heck Brindle, I thought you were describing me!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:

Heck Brindle, I thought you were describing me!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Well, you are quite lovely in your henny way, too!
big_smile.png

I want to update everyone on Gretchen...she has been diagnosed with MS. She got her flowers yesterday, so thank you to all that contributed. It takes no time to have compassion and send her words of support. No matter the circumstances, we would all want the same for ourselves when faced with a scary diagnosis or situation. A little positivity goes a long way.
hugs.gif

Thanks everybody.

Quote:
I am all for mixed ducks...too many pure breed chickens have my head spinning. It would be nice to throw a bunch together in the backyard willy-nilly. I will be happy to cover shipping...I have 12 more days on the silkies in my bator, and I'll be ready. Want to try for next week?

heck yah-Ive been dying for someone to successfully hatch out his eggs dang it-I just cant as I have NNOOOOO barn space for Winter to keep them....I can probably fit 20+ eggs in a large priority shipping box-I think its 15$ to ship???

Your ducks are laying that frequently? If they are fresh and fertile, I will give them a go! I'll paypal you $15 next week. Now to do more research on hatching ducks....

Back
Top Bottom