Urban poultry seminar near Boston, MA on Nov 8th

Oh... also,

Cambridge is currently unsure about chickens, and have recently had some issues so you'll definitely need to delve on a landlord-by-landlord basis. And the City of Boston itself officially allows poultry with a $20 annual permit, but again you'll likely find resistance from some property owners and not from others...

~K~

That's precisely what we've been doing! So far, we've been met with blank stares and "oh, no, no I don't think that would work." We're familiar with the process of asking an landlord that we have a relationship with about getting chickens (because we did it where we live now), but asking a stranger is a lot tougher.

That would be WONDERFUL if you would ask around with landlords who are already allowing chickens on their property. We welcome any leads on chicken-friendly apartments! We're looking for a 1-2 bedroom that opens May 1st. At the moment, we're focusing our search in JP, but we're open to living in any safe, walkable neighborhood in Boston.

Thank you for the offer of making space for our hens, but we have a few friends in Providence who have offered to adopt them as well. Finding an adoptive home isn't the trouble, its finding a home where they can stay with us!

Thanks again for your suggestions!
Let me know if you hear from any chicken-friendly landlords with openings in their buildings!

Erika

Oh yeah... I didn't even think about JP, though I know there are a bunch of backyard chickens around there too. I'll ask my friends there as well...

Back
Top Bottom