URGENMT PLEASE ANSWER

davecash

Songster
12 Years
Jul 22, 2007
kaintucky
Okay, i got 3 new polish and introduced them to my flock, my flock isnt takin too well. my oldest polish got attacked by a coon before i got her, and my origional chickens are peckign at her wounds and stuff! will this pass? my polish are scared!!

I will tell you from experience, that you need to separate them till they get used to one another. Put the new chicks in a dog crate for a month until they get use to being around each other, also they need to be quarantined so your other birds don't get sick from something they MIGHT have gotten from where they used to be. LOL

Last edited:
First you have to be sure they dont give anything to your birds; then put them where they can see each other, but not touch; THEN, you can start the introductions. Sorry, but it's the only safe way to do it.

Well, hopefully, they'll be okay, but the new pecking order has to be established and the injured one will probably have her wounds picked at till she get infected or is killed. Chickens have that nasty habit of eating each other. Do you have a dog crate for the injured one?

Polish chickens are in the lowest in pecking order because they can not defend themselves due to the top hat, not able to see the beak going at them. best bet is to pen them separately from other breeds. I've had top hats before and twice times, they got pecked on bad that I had to pen them separately and got rid of them. I think most Polish breeders will agree on me on that.....NOT all Polish chickens are that way but thats the way chickens do.....

Back
Top Bottom