Urgent! 4 chicks stuck in eggs!

bluemini

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
The 16th was hatch day but they just started yesterday,I have 3 that are fine and hatched,1 died trying and the other 4 seem to be headed that way,they seem stuck in the layer of film in the egg after chipping the shell,the membrane keeps drying so hard they can't move so I have to keep putting warm water on them,what can I do to save them?!

It's been 12 hours at least since these have chipped , didn't have any problems with the first 3. Humidity is where it should be with water in bottom pan,4 sponges filled and 2 bowls of water. I don't think I'll be hatching again , so sad

If the membrane is drying out you can slowly try to pull it open with tweezers along with some of the egg shell to see if the chicks will kick out on their own. If you see any blood stop for awhile and if they don't hatch on their own try again in a few hours.

Last edited:
I tried to pull some with tweezers, and took a good amount of shell off,they aren't even trying to push or get loose.

Well just saved 2, one seemed like it had given up , wouldn't even push any. 2 more to go :(

I had to help one hatchling the other day. It couldn't unzip after 12 hours. Peeled off the shell over its head. She kicked out of the shell on her own after that.

[/IMG]

That's how these were.Saved all 4, one can't use it's legs very well but is alive. All are eating and seem healthy.

Back
Top Bottom