Urgent!! Assisted hatching! Chick is out!

I read that chicks with unabsorbed yolks puncture them with their feet. Should I try to prevent this? Maybe carefully wrap a bandaid around it’s feet?

Attachments

• 6A3D9ABC-FB2C-4339-A1FC-0A4C293595C7.jpeg
    6A3D9ABC-FB2C-4339-A1FC-0A4C293595C7.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 35
It still has veins attached to the shell, but it’s feet r out
Aw. That's pretty bad looking. Don't expect it to make it. That's a lot of unabsorbed yolk and blood. You can try at least. Get a cup of bowl, line it with paper towels, and lay the chick and shell in it. Don't pull the chick apart from the yolk. If you do it will die for sure. The bowl is to keep it from puncturing or breaking the sac, and to keep him from breaking free.

Aw. That's pretty bad looking. Don't expect it to make it. That's a lot of unabsorbed yolk and blood. You can try at least. Get a cup of bowl, line it with paper towels, and lay the chick and shell in it. Don't pull the chick apart from the yolk. If you do it will die for sure. The bowl is to keep it from puncturing or breaking the sac, and to keep him from breaking free.

Will try it out and keep you guys updated its still alive so far

Just placed it in a cup, gently held her upright and she scooted back into the shell. Just hoping for a miracle at this point🙏. How many days old do u think she is? Maybe I can narrow down how this egg got into the clutch..

Attachments

• 012EB05F-84B9-4B54-8098-6D49F51800B6.jpeg
    012EB05F-84B9-4B54-8098-6D49F51800B6.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 28
Just placed it in a cup, gently held her upright and she scooted back into the shell. Just hoping for a miracle at this point🙏. How many days old do u think she is? Maybe I can narrow down how this egg got into the clutch..

Also just realized shes “sticky chick” all her fluff is hard and her wing could barely move. This sucks. Should I try to clean it with warm water, wait, or cull it.😔

Were all the eggs started in the incubator on the same day. Did the other chicks all hatch around day 21?. If it has had the same time as the others and is three days over hatch date it may have physical issues stopping it from hatching. I would pip the membrane with something very small as it will eventually run out of air .

Back
Top Bottom