Urgent! Brine for a 44lb turkey?!

The Prairie

Songster
Oct 14, 2018
So i know it's not ideal and this may turn out tough but whatever it was out first go. I just butchered my first turkey, he dressed out to 44lb! Now I'm trying to brine this sucker to try and be as tender as we can because we did this last minute. Should I just double the 20lb Turkey brine recipes?! We plan to cook him in halves. Help! Getting the water boiling now!

So really I should just use the recipe for the amount of water I can hold not the size of the bird right? I'm just going to brine overnight because we couldn't do him sooner, next year we'll do better lol

So really I should just use the recipe for the amount of water I can hold not the size of the bird right? I'm just going to brine overnight because we couldn't do him sooner, next year we'll do better lol
Make up enough brine to cover bird. I’ve used this brine for Cornish game hens as well as chickens and turkeys. It’s the time that’s important.

My advice would be to get another turkey and save that one for later. There is no way it's going to be rested enough to cook tomorrow, even if you brine it.

Back
Top Bottom