Urgent case

Traveler17

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2017
I have a chicken can't stand on its feet for three days and it has a green stool on its back .
What kind of treatment i would give to it?​

Can she move either leg and foot, or either wing? Can she lift her neck? Are her eyes open? Can she drink or eat? I hope the calcium helps her. I would look at Mareks disease as a possibility. Sorry about your hen. If she should die, I would try to get a necropsy by the state vet or a poultry lab to find a diagnosis.

٢٠١٧١١١٥_١٧٣٩٥٠.jpg

They are her brother and sister
I hope they will be okey after what happened.

sounds like what happened to my rooster except he got better within 12 hours. unbalanced, green stool, tired and not hungry. i gave him a pinch of children's multivitamin powder in his water with some molasses then he ended up taking 5 poops in a row and is still healthy months later. 99% sure it was food poisoning from when i eat him eat an old meat pie that was outside

I have given her minirals for two days and today i will give her the last dose .
and tomorrow i will start giving her calcium.

Very sorry that you lost her. Most likely was Mareks or some sort of poisoning. Botulism usually kills within one day. But if you have saved the body and kept it refrigerated, you could get a necropsy to get a diagnosis. Contact your state vet or nearest poultry lab, and ship the body on ice packs. Here is some contact info:
http://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Back
Top Bottom