1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Urgent - chick needs buddy - Western PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mangled, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Songster

We had a single chick hatch and I so need to find a little buddy for him/her. Does anyone in the Western PA area have any chicks available that aren't much older than say, a week?

My zip is 16028. I'd be willing to go about 75 miles 1 way if you're willing to sell me 1 or 2.

Thanks-
    Em

2. RUHAMA

RUHAMA In the Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    GA
    Too bad that I am so far away - GA, I have 3 orphaned/abandoned chicks about 3 days old. But responding will move you back up the list.

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Songster

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Ugh, unfortunately I am 175 miles from you. Good luck finding someone that has a couple closer to you.

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    It seems like alot of PA'ers need a buddy chick for their lonely chick. I needed one, Solarical, needed one, and now Mangled needs one. I hope you find a buddy for your chick soon!

5. mangled

mangled Songster

Well, the Lone Ranger went to the big coop in the sky sometime through the night. No idea why, she/he had been eating and drinking well, its crop was full.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, I'm just beginning to think I'm just not supposed to have Cochins, as all the Cochin egss I've gotten and hatched or tried to hatch have been a disaster.

Thanks and good luck to anyone else with a Lone Ranger.
    [​IMG]
    Em

6. ncgnance

ncgnance Songster

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    I live too far away, but I hope you find a buddy for your chick. I raised a single chick, and it's not a good way to do it for the chick. A mirror in the cage helps, as well as a small stuffed animal.
    I just read your last post..I'm so sorry..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: