Urgent - chick needs buddy - Western PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mangled, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

We had a single chick hatch and I so need to find a little buddy for him/her. Does anyone in the Western PA area have any chicks available that aren't much older than say, a week?

My zip is 16028. I'd be willing to go about 75 miles 1 way if you're willing to sell me 1 or 2.

Thanks-
    Em

2. RUHAMA

RUHAMA Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    GA
    Too bad that I am so far away - GA, I have 3 orphaned/abandoned chicks about 3 days old. But responding will move you back up the list.

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Ugh, unfortunately I am 175 miles from you. Good luck finding someone that has a couple closer to you.

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    It seems like alot of PA'ers need a buddy chick for their lonely chick. I needed one, Solarical, needed one, and now Mangled needs one. I hope you find a buddy for your chick soon!

5. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, the Lone Ranger went to the big coop in the sky sometime through the night. No idea why, she/he had been eating and drinking well, its crop was full.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, I'm just beginning to think I'm just not supposed to have Cochins, as all the Cochin egss I've gotten and hatched or tried to hatch have been a disaster.

Thanks and good luck to anyone else with a Lone Ranger.
    [​IMG]
    Em

6. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    I live too far away, but I hope you find a buddy for your chick. I raised a single chick, and it's not a good way to do it for the chick. A mirror in the cage helps, as well as a small stuffed animal.
    I just read your last post..I'm so sorry..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by