*Urgent! Egg Bound! Please help!!!*

GirlsHuntToo

Professional Chicken Chaser
Jul 18, 2023
The Keystone State
My 4 year old Sapphire Splash hen, Koala, had been egg bound for about a week. I thought it was water belly, but my mom felt her belly and could feel at least 3 SUPER big, about XL duck egg size eggs. I can't get them out!
We put her in the bath tub and put coconut butter on her vent. It seems like her vent will not open. When sticking a finger in, blood comes out with like clots. Looks similar to... ladies... Anyway I'm really not sure what to do - have had an egg bound hen before but got the two eggs out she had.
Please help!

My 4 year old Sapphire Splash hen, Koala, had been egg bound for about a week. I thought it was water belly, but my mom felt her belly and could feel at least 3 SUPER big, about XL duck egg size eggs. I can't get them out!
We put her in the bath tub and put coconut butter on her vent. It seems like her vent will not open. When sticking a finger in, blood comes out with like clots. Looks similar to... ladies... Anyway I'm really not sure what to do - have had an egg bound hen before but got the two eggs out she had.
Please help!
Make sure she's hydrated. Put her in the warm bath, lubricate her and gently massage then repeat.

Handle with care because if the egg inside her brakes this could be way more serious than it currently is
Have you tried petroleum jelly? Have heard it works
Have you given her an epsom salt soak for twenty minutes. While you are doing that you can massage her abdomen
I haven't tried petroleum jelly, but heard coconut butter does the same.
I did leave out that I used epsom salts for her bath. I did it for about 20 minutes - but I will do it again.
What is puzzling me is the clotty blood?

I haven't tried petroleum jelly, but heard coconut butter does the same.
I did leave out that I used epsom salts for her bath. I did it for about 20 minutes - but I will do it again.
What is puzzling me is the clotty blood?
I know they bleed usually cause the internal damage to the tissue but don't know why it would be clotting. Unless it's been like that for a little while.

I know they bleed usually cause the internal damage to the tissue but don't know why it would be clotting. Unless it's been like that for a little while.
It also comes out with like a yellow snot kind of material than bleeds a bit - kind of like a pinkish color and some clots come out to when you stretch her vent or when she pushes really hard.

Back
Top Bottom