URGENT - gravy!!!!!!!!!!

Got me there....I have used a package when desperate and then dressed it up with spices, onion, etc....but without the pan drippings I have no good response, but I will be interested to see what others offer.

onion, celery, sliced carrots, potato optional, butter in a metal pan. broil until veggies are carmelized, add water or broth to pan stirring and scraping the bits that stuck to the bottom. run thru a food mill or food processor and simmer until thickened. salt and pepper to taste!

Last edited:
Use beef boullion cubes and make to directions.

Bring to a boil on the stove.

Dig that Quick Shake from your Tupperware kit and put in a cup of cold water and about 3 or 4 TBSP flour.

Shake well and stir into your boullion. Cook til thickened.

i dont think you can have that..but you know what i always have on hand is kitchen bouquet..if you fried up some onions and mushrooms and tossed in that for good measure you would have some brown gravy.

Quote:
THAT is what I was hoping for!!! Thank you soooo much! I use Wondra for gravy, there is no need to shake it together, never any lumps with that stuff!!!

I was SOOO hoping I could use the boullion cubes. PHEW!

um... not to be blunt, but:

gravy = thickened, seasoned drippings.

Without drippings, it's just a sauce. It's simply not possible to make actual gravy without drippings.

Quote:
its called improvising
wee.gif

i feel your pain though, i ran out myself last night while making beef stew..my kids were a bit surprised to find out that my stew wasnt really a deep rich brown color.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom