URGENT! Hawk Attack Severe Injuries

Antibiotic ointment can safely be packed inside a well flushed and cleaned wound. It's what is standing between bacteria in the air heading straight for that exposed tissue and colonizing it, eventually causing death.

She should be on a oral antibiotic for such deep wounds. Go to the link I gave you to buy it. Or ask for it at Tracor Supply.

Antibiotic ointment can safely be packed inside a well flushed and cleaned wound. It's what is standing between bacteria in the air heading straight for that exposed tissue and colonizing it, eventually causing death.

She should be on a oral antibiotic for such deep wounds. Go to the link I gave you to buy it. Or ask for it at Tracor Supply.
Thank you thank you thank you!!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Hi all, just wanted to provide an update: Olivia is doing well after the hawk attack. Thank you all for your quick and helpful advice! We cleaned her wound with warm soap and water and a little hydrogen peroxide, then coated the surrounding skin area with Neosporin. We ended up taking her to the vet who ended up able to loosely stitch her up (there are still holes, but majority is closed) and give her antibiotics. We still have her in the house and apply vet prescribed ointment daily. She's eating lots and drinking regular and electrolyte water. So grateful for this amazing community!

Back
Top Bottom