Attacked Duck

bowserduck

Hatching
Mar 21, 2024
Hi all, hopefully someone sees this! My Cayuga boy was attacked last night. Luckily their pen is out front and I was able to get to him pretty quickly but he had quite a bad wound under his wing, I’m extremely green to birds surviving what I can only guess was a fox attack. We brought him and his partner inside checked them both over and gave the wounds a clean and put them in a crate covered over. Surprisingly I think he’s already recovered from shock as he’s eating and drinking this morning. Any advice would be must appreciated! Thankyou in advance 😊

Most wounds will heal if sprayed with saline or a wound spray, and then when dry applying some plain antibiotic ointment a couple of times a day. It would probably be good to coop them at night for protection once the wound is healing. I will tag @Miss Lydia in case she has more duck advice since I know more about chickens.

Most wounds will heal if sprayed with saline or a wound spray, and then when dry applying some plain antibiotic ointment a couple of times a day. It would probably be good to coop them at night for protection once the wound is healing. I will tag @Miss Lydia in case she has more duck advice since I know more about chickens.
:goodpost:
I replied on the duck forum.

Back
Top Bottom