Need help fast - duck attacked

Pics
She's not twitching today. I did not tube feed her last night or today. She's terrified of me now since I tube fed her so she won't drink while I'm holding a bowl for her anymore. She has wet mash and water of course- whether she's nibbling at it is anyone's guess. The injuries are healing. So will see if she decides to starve herself or eat. Today is day 7 so I feel confident she's not going to die from infection/injuries... hopefully not starvation. :/

She's not twitching today. I did not tube feed her last night or today. She's terrified of me now since I tube fed her so she won't drink while I'm holding a bowl for her anymore. She has wet mash and water of course- whether she's nibbling at it is anyone's guess. The injuries are healing. So will see if she decides to starve herself or eat. Today is day 7 so I feel confident she's not going to die from infection/injuries... hopefully not starvation. :/
Hopefully she decides to eat on her own. You have tried your best to save her and the rest is up to her and her will to live. I pray she makes it.

The children have named this duck Pirate. I hope she's taking little nibbles of food. She's perky and her wounds and neck look great. I'm shocked her neck was able to heal from the state it was in the first day. Her poop ranges from mint to hunter green- what does that indicate?

Merry Christmas! Pirate is still alive and she's perky. I put her in with the rabbit does (they're bizarrely friendly and tiny, Netherland Dwarves) and they were all 3 laying together under the heat lamp. She seems happier in a bigger space so hopefully she's eating.

Back
Top Bottom