Urgent help, may be dry membrane

How is your hatch going? I am sure I read somewhere that if they are yawning, they are absorbing yolk and will not zip until that process is complete. Some of my eggs that pipped on Saturday are only zipping and hatching this morning so I am sure your ones are just fine - fingers crossed :fl

How is your hatch going? I am sure I read somewhere that if they are yawning, they are absorbing yolk and will not zip until that process is complete. Some of my eggs that pipped on Saturday are only zipping and hatching this morning so I am sure your ones are just fine - fingers crossed :fl
its now been like 30 hours and its still is opening and closings its mouth, still the same. Does the membrane look dry to you as if it is do i wait until it tries to zip to help it or start helping it now? And if i should help it how long acter should i to make sure it definintely has absorbed the yolk? i read that if its dry it will start to shrink wrap and kill the duck :(
The others still havent done anything and its day 27 i dont want the duck to be all bu itself when its hatched. Can it die of loneliness? And do you want me to send a video of it yawning and quacking so you cab see if its getting shrink wrapped? Honestly thankyou so so much 💞

It is hard to say as it is my first time hatching ducks. Done chickens but ducks are new to me. Your pipped egg looks like one of mine did which pipped on Saturday night / Sunday morning and is now only starting to zip. If you can video and put it up here, I am sure someone with more knowledge can advise.

Perhaps change your title to Urgent Help needed and hopefully that may draw immediate attention. I wish I could offer more info. :hugs

It is hard to say as it is my first time hatching ducks. Done chickens but ducks are new to me. Your pipped egg looks like one of mine did which pipped on Saturday night / Sunday morning and is now only starting to zip. If you can video and put it up here, I am sure someone with more knowledge can advise.

Perhaps change your title to Urgent Help needed and hopefully that may draw immediate attention. I wish I could offer more info. :hugs
Thankyou! So how long was yours in the shell for before it started to zip?like 2 days? Its so annoying as in 1 hour and a half there will be a power cut for 6 hours! so hot water bottles will be out. Did all your eggs hatch at the same time? my others are still doing nothing and no internal pip

Forgot to say, my first duckling hatched last night around 6pm ish and was fine on his/her own until this morning when another duckling hatched. I am sure I have read that when 1 hatches, it encourages the others to hatch and it also increases humidity as it drys out so dont worry about it being on its own for the first while :)

1 hatched last night, 1 this morning, 1 just about out but I still have eggs that have not pipped but the hatch due date was only the 4th so they are early. The ones hatching look like Khaki campbells and I believe they can hatch early.

Forgot to say, my first duckling hatched last night around 6pm ish and was fine on his/her own until this morning when another duckling hatched. I am sure I have read that when 1 hatches, it encourages the others to hatch and it also increases humidity as it drys out so dont worry about it being on its own for the first while :)
Thankyou! i will send you a video of it chirping and yawing, i love her already! we know its a girl as we have a welsh harlequin and you can tell the gender by the beak🥺

1 hatched last night, 1 this morning, 1 just about out but I still have eggs that have not pipped but the hatch due date was only the 4th so they are early. The ones hatching look like Khaki campbells and I believe they can hatch early.
Ok thankyou! i may wait until tomorrow morning so its had around 2 days and a half to hatch and absorb yolk then i will start to assist it! i will send a video now!

How can i send a video or are you not able to on here?

Back
Top Bottom