Urgent help, may be dry membrane

Pics
Hello. I wanted to jump in with a picture of my little one in hopes of helping each other. I just took this pic a moment ago and while mine is a chicken rather than a duck, I'm in the same boat. She had pipped early with no progress. We are on day 22 and it's been 12 hours since I assisted. I've been applying coconut oil and she's active. There was a lot of veins when I first peeled back the shell so I stopped and wrapped her in a warm paper towel. I've been monitering all night. The veins have thinned quite a bit. To the point that I think in a few hours she may be ready but I'm just going to take it very slowly.

View attachment 2173046
Your chick looks ready for sure.

well it opens its beak a bit
Sorry, I haven't been getting alerts for this thread. Your duckling looks ready. Get the head out and then shine a light down it's belly and look for yolk/blood. There will be a goopy thing down there, that's not yolk it's embryo feces. So if you only see that let it out. Good job!

So I just tried to peel back a bit more shell. The membrane under it still has veins and just a little blood when I started to peel it back so i stopped and put more coconut oil on it. She's much more active now. We're getting closer!

So I just tried to peel back a bit more shell. The membrane under it still has veins and just a little blood when I started to peel it back so i stopped and put more coconut oil on it. She's much more active now. We're getting closer!
Wow really? Hm. Good thing you stopped then. It looks so ready. That's weird. Hopefully she's absorbing it all! Keep us posted!

Wow really? Hm. Good thing you stopped then. It looks so ready. That's weird. Hopefully she's absorbing it all! Keep us posted!
She does look ready. I can shine the flashlight into the shell and see quite a bit of dry shell but there's also quite of bit with red veins too. I do not see a yolk but she may be positioned on top of it as far as I know. I've set a timer to check on her again at 12:30. Otherwise I'm not able to stop watching her. I need a distraction so I will stop 'mother-henning'. I'll post another pic in half an hour.

Your chick looks ready for sure.
Do you think my duckling is ?
987A6568-D24F-43A8-97C7-E7F74CC56979.jpeg

OMGosh... I can't wait till I can have ducks! Come on little baby! You're too stinkin' cute! I have my fingers crossed for you. Your baby looks further along than mine.
we are gonna leave it from there to see if it can hatch on its own... Hopefully it hatched by tonight!

So here's the latest picture. She's so close to ready! I'm supposed to meet my daughter-in-laws boyfriend tonight. I'm torn between staying home with the chick and going to this very important dinner. To add to that, I'm SO NERVOUS about meeting him. They've been dating since November and I thought I was ready for this but the closer we get the more nervous I am.
IMG_20200602_122602.jpg

So here's the latest picture. She's so close to ready! I'm supposed to meet my daughter-in-laws boyfriend tonight. I'm torn between staying home with the chick and going to this very important dinner. To add to that, I'm SO NERVOUS about meeting him. They've been dating since November and I thought I was ready for this but the closer we get the more nervous I am.View attachment 2173256
YAY ours hatched and is as good as gold. 🥺
976178A4-60E6-44D8-A4C3-90E126CEC73C.png

Back
Top Bottom