URGENT HELP My hen just never got better after she layed the egg,what can I do?

Pics
Apr 17, 2022
Denmark
yesterday my hen was egg bound for the second time but after she layed the egg she just never got better and there is not second egg in there but she won’t even eat scrambled eggs what can I do. I can also hear her breath

Calcium with vitamin D daily for the next week might help if she had an egg coming right behind. Are the eggshells she is laying hard or soft? She may have some thpe of common reproductive issue going on, but hopefully, giving her moistened chicken feed, fluids, some cooked egg or tuna along with the calcium with D will help. Calcium should be around 600 mg per day.

It is hard to know what exactly is wrong with her. She may have a reproductive disorder or intestinal infection. A vet will likely do blood tests and/or xrays, all of which are expensive. They can prescribe antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication. Right now, I would try to get her eating. Tuna, ground meat, canned cat food, cooked egg are all thing to tempt a sick chicken to eat. Mix a bit of water and yogurt into her chicken feed to make it interesting. Vitamins with electrolytes are also good until she eats better.

UPDATE: she is still alive, I will go and try to get her eating, she got the pill mabye 9 hours ago so I will wait a bit to give her another but for now I will try and give her some electrolytes to keep her hydrated and try to get some food into her😊
Good news! You can give her a pill every twelve hours ❤️

They go crazy for raw yolk, meat,I cook the meat though, watermelon for hydration and sweetness to boost appetite. I had to force feed a hen for a month last year. I stuffed pellets, grubs and suet into her beak. She finally started eating on her own early January.

yesterday my hen was egg bound for the second time but after she layed the egg she just never got better and there is not second egg in there but she won’t even eat scrambled eggs what can I do. I can also hear her breath
Hi! Give her a calcium citrate pill and give her an Epsom salt bath. If you have fish amoxicillin, start her on five to seven day treatment. I'm so sorry 😢

Hi,her egg shells are alway very hard and thick, she doesn’t really have any interest for solid foods but will swallow if I give her calcium water and egg yolk, she is not getting better but not getting worse so that’s at least something. It’s getting pretty late where I live so she is going to bed, she is sleeping inside and hopefully she will Survive the night I have done everything. I will do the same as I did today. I can also not feel any egg inside of her rn😊
I would put the calcium pill whole into her beak. Don't be afraid, they can swallow huge things!

Back
Top Bottom