URGENT HELP My hen just never got better after she layed the egg,what can I do?

Pics
Apr 17, 2022
Denmark
yesterday my hen was egg bound for the second time but after she layed the egg she just never got better and there is not second egg in there but she won’t even eat scrambled eggs what can I do. I can also hear her breath

yesterday my hen was egg bound for the second time but after she layed the egg she just never got better and there is not second egg in there but she won’t even eat scrambled eggs what can I do. I can also hear her breath
Hi! Give her a calcium citrate pill and give her an Epsom salt bath. If you have fish amoxicillin, start her on five to seven day treatment. I'm so sorry 😢

Hi! Give her a calcium citrate pill and give her an Epsom salt bath. If you have fish amoxicillin, start her on five to seven day treatment. I'm so sorry 😢
Hi, should I give her the calsium even tho she have layed her egg?right now she is pretty much dying as I write this, but do you think it’s still a good idea to give her a bath?

Give her the calcium first, my girl had the same symptoms and made it through

Don't give the bath yet, hold off until she's a little better.
Hi, I will go and give her some now, I have been giving her electrolyte water all morning but will switch to calsium now😊
The one good thing is that she is not getting worse and pretty much stays in the same stage of worseness

Last edited:
She just pooped this
DC939B8B-5240-4E96-A560-8CF6FEFC64EC.jpeg

Looks like she hasn't eaten anything, I would stuff the calcium citrate pill into her beak and then offer her raw yolk.
I just fed her some egg yolk and calsium water and she got a boost of energy, she opened her eyes and climbed a little on me. But after she seemed to have some trouble breathing so I massaged her neck a bit and that helped

Calcium with vitamin D daily for the next week might help if she had an egg coming right behind. Are the eggshells she is laying hard or soft? She may have some thpe of common reproductive issue going on, but hopefully, giving her moistened chicken feed, fluids, some cooked egg or tuna along with the calcium with D will help. Calcium should be around 600 mg per day.

Back
Top Bottom