URGENT HELP NEEDED - temperature won't go down - Update

I bought a Brower Top Hatch Plastic incubator a couple months ago from a seller on Craigslist and paid almost $100 for it. He said it worked perfect! When I got it home I plugged it in and it did the same thing yours is doing. We tried to adjust the temperature for 3 days, nothing worked. So I went online and pulled up the manual for it, not much help there so we contacted the company Brower They was great! They had me mail it to them and they fixed it for free!
big_smile.png
It came back to us in perfect working order! All it cost me was the $18 to ship it to them. Contacting the company that makes your incubator is not a bad thing. You should be able to email them. As far as your fertile eggs goes you may have to go to TSC to pick up a new incubator or throw your eggs out. Wish You Good Luck!

http://www.theincubatorshop.co.uk/products/details/161.html

Mine
is second-hand though. the thermostat is encased in the blue unit on the lid (sealed) with a prong going down to just above the inner lid grille. No idea how to get at the wiring to put in a new one, and certainly nowhere to get a new thermostat tomorrow, and probably only able to get one by post for Tuesday.

Am going to try drilling a few extra holes in the lid tomorrow, around the edges of the lid, try two on opposite sides and then two more. If that doesn't work I could well be screwed. I can't justify buying another bator. I'll be calling the person I got it from in the morning and having a word, I think.

Wish me luck, if I have to sit on these eggs myself, I will!!

I know that some incubators to reset the thermostat, turn it off until you have it cooled below 99, then you count how many full 360 turns it takes to get it from the lowest to the highest then turn it half way back. If it was me I would not drill holes in the bator and make a permanent change, the eggs will be perfectly fine for up to 10 days so you still have another week to talk to the company to see if there is anythign you can do to fix it yourself. In nature a hen lays one egg a day and then does not set until she gets the number of eggs she wants to set on. Store them small end down in an egg carton in the coolest place in your house below 70 as close to 55 as possible not the fridge. Tilt the egg carton from side to side am and pm. Since they are not shipped eggs you have a very good chance even with 10 day old eggs.

Well I went ahead and drilled 5 4mm holes in the lid, four in each corner and one on the opposite side to the thermostat, and it's dropped to 105F. Just dropped in another thermometer to double check the reading. The thermostat resetting screw is turning but doing nothing, it is certainly not turning it down. It is supposedly 'factory set to 100F' so I think it's going to need a new thermostat. I really don't need all this, I have a staggered hatch to contend with already, set eleven eggs in the other bator on Thursday. Do not want to have more than a couple of days between them, and I'm already looking at 4. Don't have the space to do two brooders, not for this many chicks. Time to locate one I can borrow, I think.

I am buying another brand new incubator. Am raging. If I don't get my money refunded from the seller, I'll report them to the other site's moderators. Oh, grrrrrr.

somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom