URGENT HELP NEEDED!

NewChickClair

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2020
Can anybody help tell me what is going on with my chick? Her vent was clear yesterday but today looks prolapsed and also umbilical hernia?
Few other problem is she won't open her eye and had a clear liquid that I cleaned away also possible splayed legs.
Not sure where to start on helping her, only 3 days old.

Attachments

• 20200925_154208.jpg
    20200925_154208.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200925_154238.jpg
    20200925_154238.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200925_154337.jpg
    20200925_154337.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 9
Yeah I did it was only the one problem yesterday but today she is worse, it honestly look like she is missing her whole tail area compared to the other chicks
She could be rumpless. That wouldn't be a bad thing, just a totally random, genetic thing. Can you tell I don't know much about it! Lol! l hope someone pipes in here more experienced then me!

Does she have enough calcium and iron in her diet? I breed rats (I know, totally different) but I notice eye and other health problems with lack of calcium and a lot of things go wrong with lack of iron.

Can anybody help tell me what is going on with my chick? Her vent was clear yesterday but today looks prolapsed and also umbilical hernia?
Few other problem is she won't open her eye and had a clear liquid that I cleaned away also possible splayed legs.
Not sure where to start on helping her, only 3 days old.
Did you hatch her by incubation or did she come by delivery from Hatchery? Or hen? Also will she eat or drink yet?

totally looks rumpled.
She was incubated and I got them them after they had settled and all fluffed up. Eating and drinking fine but wobbly on legs and sleeps more than the others.

totally looks rumpled.
She was incubated and I got them them after they had settled and all fluffed up. Eating and drinking fine but wobbly on legs and sleeps more than the others.
Maybe you first need to get her blood sugar up a little more and her protein intake up some more. You could try boiling her and giving her some soft hard boiled egg and also a mash of peanut butter with some of the egg or her chick started mashed up in it whichever just be sure she is getting plenty of it to get her blood sugar up. Use the chick electrolytes the Save a chick electrolyte packets in a gallon of water and make them up fresh in a gallon of water every 24 hours. See that she drinks as much as she will take in. She hasn’t been alive long enough to have coccidia. So don’t focus on that. Just focus on keeping her alive and overcoming these hurdles first before trying to deal with a Protozoa that she couldn’t have obtained yet in 72 hours.

Back
Top Bottom