URGENT HELP NEEDED!

totally looks rumpled.
She was incubated and I got them them after they had settled and all fluffed up. Eating and drinking fine but wobbly on legs and sleeps more than the others.
Next after you get her blood sugar up you need to keep maintaining it and seeing if you think she can keep it maintained on her own. The trick is to see if she can do it on her own. If she cannot you are going to have to help her with giving her extra protein on a regular basis at this time for now. So try giving her the mash like before on a regular basis and see if that builds her strength up. Then about her legs. Line her pen with shelf liner that has a sticky backing with a thick rubber like they sell at the dollar stores to line your cabinets or drawers. It does not need to be expensive. Just the cheap kind. You are not going to remove the adhesive hacking in the brooder just use it as a gripper. Get the cheapest you can find. Use this and paper toweling to line the bottom of the brooder pen that she will stay in. This will help support and heal her legs. It will prevent her legs from splaying out and allow the muscles to heal and rest as well as prevent any new injuries. Next you can get some vet wrap anywhere almost. I ordered mine from Amazon but they have it cheap from Tuesday Mornings, Home Goods, and the local feed stores or farm and ranch supply stores or your local TSC. You can take the vet wrap and wrap it around her legs and keep them tied to her body. She won’t like it but you may have to do it to keep her from moving them for rest periods.

I actually have spare shelve lining so I can do that now and order the vet wrap.
Just gave her a clean and vent looks ok just past butt so that's one less problem. Thank you

It looks like a bit of unabsorbed yolk sac. It's impossible to tell if they're rumpless as chicks. It will dry up and fall off. Just don't let the other chicks peck at it. You can offer some electrolytes in the water.

Back
Top Bottom