Urgent help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gypsy07 has it right!!!! KEEP NOTES. You WILL be glad you did!!!
jumpy.gif

I just don't know about dry incubation,
If when the temp stabilizes the humidity drops to 12% and I can get it up to 65% for last few days but I don't know if it will work being so low for the first 18 days

Please help and give lots of feedback

JAI

You will just have to experiment with the humidity, don't worry too much and have fun. Get a good hygrometer or thermometer/hygrometer and use it as a wet bulb. You can get one through the GQF website and the wicks for it. I have a chart for the readings on another computer and will post it. I think that is the most accurate. What kind of incubator do you have? This is just my opinion.

My last hatch... My humidity was around 20% most of time until lock down when I raised it to 65 - 70%.
Picture1107.jpg

Quote:
I put 130 eggs in the incubator I think there are 55 there but there was another brooder with more chicks.

All good advice... for sure experiment... for sure keep notes... for sure do what works for you...

BUT you need some place to start! This is my first time also (I'm on day 5) and the guy I got my eggs from told me 30-45% on days 1-18 and then up to 50-65% for lock down. This was pretty much comfirmed by several BYCers. SO... that's where I am starting.

Good luck with your hatch!
thumbsup.gif

if you live in a dry area, then go for 45-60% (55% on average). if you live in a humid area, go for 30-40%. (dry incubation)

go for 70%. no more though, because when they hatch, the humidity is gonna go WAY up!

dry incubation doesnt really work well in naturally dry areas... i've lost 6 chicks to dry incubation. they were so dried up, it was so sad

Back
Top Bottom