Urgent Help!!!

BKlipstine1

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 12, 2011
Its Day 23 and 6 of my 10 chicks hatched.... I thought for sure 2 of them died early on so we carefully put and pin hole in them and then picked away... sure enough they looked as though they got to maybe day 7ish..... so we candled the remaining 2 which looked exactly the same as the 2 we just opened.... i made the small pin hole again and as i started chipping away i heard chirping!!!! now i have a half exposed baby.... seems to be stuck the membrane ... ive left him in the bator for 4 hours now and still no change... slight bleeding from shell in one spot.... should i help the chick out or just let him do it on his own???? i feel AWFUL!!!
sad.png

Quote:
i feel bad too i dropped egg that i thought was a dud on accident all of a sudden a little black chick in it started freaking out , i helped him out it looked like he had maybe 2 or 3 days left we had to put him down his eyes were funny and his butt was bleeding alot and swallon, try maybe leaving him see wat happens or google it
hit.gif
i feel sooooo bad

he has almost half of his shell off and still cant get out... its like half his body is stuck to the membrane and shell... but since its bleeding at his butt im scared to help him.... do you think the yolk is absorbed by day 23?? im a first timer....
hmm.png

Let him set a while longer...the longer he sits and moves around some...it tells the blood vessels in the egg to dry up.....you can help but you never know if the yolk sac has been absorbed or not....you have to also make sure the membrane around him is moist...you can do this by taking a q tip and dabbing it with water every so often...or wrapping the egg in a wet paper towel and letting it sit in the bator....just keep checking on him....he will rest for periods of time...I just went thru this last month....I helped 4 or 5 out and only lost 1.....Good Luck.....

Last edited:
109150_img_1166.jpg

I have no idea what to do... its almost as iff he's eating the membrane away and he cant reach the back side of the egg... he's been at this for 4 hours... def. not a normal zip... where he bit right above the wing its bleeding slightly so im scared to help....
hmm.png
ADVICE???

Back
Top Bottom