!!!URGENT!!! Neighbors dog killed all of my ducks. This is not the first time.

You might have been lucky, ask @Magnolia Ducks about her experiences with electric fences, her ducks and geese and predators. If a predator wants to get through, over or under an electric fence they will. - Assuming that the fence won't kill on first contact…
Even premier1 is not claiming their fences are protecting against predators: »Ground-based predators such as coyotes, foxes, fisher cats, skunks, raccoons, opossum, weasels, dogs and even bears are deterred by electric fence.« Deterred not excluded…
And i agree with you, it becomes more and more obvious to me that »triple S« is most likely the correct way to deal with feral dogs, but i have no experiences with firearms and there's a good chance that i would injure myself rather than the intended target…
And there are those who consider shooting a dog with a paintball gun to be animal cruelty. Me i have the same opinion as you, dear dog owners, take this as a warning and take care of your dogs, the next time it won't be a paintball-gun…
True. I got the taller fence and the coyotes just jump over. the dogs run through it. Because its poultry fence, its keeps the fowl in pretty well.

I'd have several pit bullss and none killed animals except the American Staffordshire pit bull terrier.He was trained to watch 8 screens of footage on our security system inside the house and would alert us to trespassers but it took us 2 years to train him not kill other animals.

The thousands of pitbull owners in KY may be surprised by this. Usually pitbull are not prey driven like German Shepards labradors. You have a bad ownerhere.

Yes, this is a bad-owner situation. But regardless of breed, THIS dog is a problem.

So if this dog falls under a breed-specific ban where OP lives, that might provide a way to force the owner to contain the dog or get rid of it (that would depend on exactly what the law says.)

> Study traps.... then what? Trap it? And then what?

Animal control will probably be much more prone to come and take a dog if is trapped in a room or a cage. Your mileage may vary depending on the area or country. If they take the dog, the dog owner will need to pay for the dog maintenance at the time of recovering it.

Moreover, if you shoot a pitbull and fail, most probably will try to attack you. This can end very bad for both, you and the owner of the dog, so probably not the wisest move. This dog can kill a person, and shooting him in a leg for example assures that will have the motivation to try

Last edited:
> Like water balloons filled with paint or something? Not sure what that'll do besides piss of the owner which you seem to be against.

Pissing the owner is exactly the idea. Killing his/her dog is on a different level, and definitely less humane

If the dog is illegal in the state, animal control may want to have a serious talk with the owner, or worse kill the dog directly. You decide, but keeping a good relationship with your neighbors is also valuable, and could worth it more than a few ducks.

Last edited:
Anyone in your household that could?
Animal control doesn't sound like they're gonna do anything. Owner surely isn't at this point. It's up to you. You can jump through hoops and spend time and money for something that may work or you can be done with this.
This hasn't been a one time occurrence.
Hey Moonshiner,, I was just thinking what would happen if, for instance, a baby was outside and the dog showed up. If it's legal in Kentucky, and they warn the neighbor ONCE, shoot the dog.

Back
Top Bottom