Urgent! New hens, big problems!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mamma se hoenders, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Mamma se hoenders

Mamma se hoenders In the Brooder

Sep 8, 2017
    H
    haha thank you! But the lady I got them from actually loves animals! She just had soooo many I doubt that she could take care of them properly, and she knew that, thats why she gave some to me. I will keep you informed of our progress

2. Mamma se hoenders

Mamma se hoenders In the Brooder

Sep 8, 2017
    It is with a heavy heart that I inform you... We have decided to “take care” of my girl... her foot was very badly rotten, in the past week I washed her twice, and both times she lost more pieces of her feet. Yes, I might have been able to get the mites under control, but her quality of life would have been poor, she could no longer walk. Thank you all for your advice. I will definitely follow through with it to helo the rest of my flock.

3. deepbluesea

deepbluesea Crowing

Jul 14, 2014
    coastal NC
    I'm so sorry for your loss, but it sounds as though you did the right thing by her. Living in pain is no good--I'm glad you were strong enough to take the humane step.
    :hugs

Mamma se hoenders and rebrascora like this.
  4. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    I'm so sorry :hugs That is never an easy decision to make, but the right one in this case I feel. Please let us know how the rest of the flock are doing and how the treatments are working for you?

Mamma se hoenders and rebrascora like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: