URGENT Newborn is it deformed?

stormie

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
MO
Here's a fuzzy picture:

march13.jpg

It hobbles and hasn't uncurled it yet. Is this normal since it only just hatched? The ducking only hatched about five hours ago. Please tell me it isn't deformed. If it is what can I do?

It can take them a full day to get their act together. I would make sure it is in a warm brooder and let it rest and sleep and not worry about it until Day 2 is well in progress. It can take geese and ducks 2 or 3 days to get their webbed feet flat and moving in properly.

What both posters have told you. Leaving it in the bator gives it a chance to get its sea legs underneath it, rest and fluff out. They are not active, active for a day or so just like any newborn animal, wobbly on their feet for quite awhile.

Thank you all for your help, so for the freak attack. I was just really afraid I guess. We will wait and see.

Dont worry about it, you're not the only one whose had a "freak attack" today.
frow.gif

Here lately it seems like they are becoming more and more common as people fail to properly research incubation before they actually start incubating.

My day isn't complete unless I read at least 3 to 4 "freak attack" posts.....
lau.gif
lau.gif

And than there are those of us that read, and read, and read, and read some more, and STILL have freak attacks!!!
barnie.gif
Just as new parents "freak" about a pending new born.....I am freaking as we speak for my chicks.
fl.gif

So don't let anyone make you feel bad for the "attack" LOL....I'm right there with ya!!
th.gif

It's fine now. Thanks for all the help though you guys! I'm so glad it's okay!

Back
Top Bottom