URGENT - Please help! Duck has prolapsed vent

Took Minnie to my vet and he did attempt to look at her which I appreciated. He really wasnt sure what exactly had happened but he kept saying "Yeah, this isn't good....I can't fix this."

Minnie had to go to sleep. I miss her already.

Thank you all for your efforts. I wish we could have saved her.
I'm so sorry
hugs.gif

I hope you can find your drake a freind he is going to be very lonesome.

Last edited:
Oh I am so so sorry. You are a great owner and Bless You for trying so hard. I really wish things had worked out differently.

Do check on Amiga's thread if and when you choose to adopt another duck. Amiga (and others!) gave me great advice when I added to my flock here. Best of luck to you.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It's been a hard couple days. We let Donnie out with the chickens to cheer him up and he just sat in front of the glass patio door looking at the duck reflection in the window. He started rubbing his head against the door and has never done that before. It was too depressing to watch. We are going to keep our eye out for an young female for him.

Thanks again for all of your support.

You can put pretty much any breed ducks with him. you might want to consider a smaller female, like a mallard or Welsh Harlequin. is he able to mate? if he can then nevermind, go with a same sized female. but a smaller female might be less likely to pick on him.

Back
Top Bottom