1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Urgent question!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LegginMF12, Feb 11, 2012.

1. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    How long after you hear peeping should you expect to see pipping. My hatch from heck has one egg peeping right now/ I figured the hatch was going to be late because of power outage issues and counted Sunday instead of Friday as day one. I came home to night and noted that my humidity had jumped to 73%. I pulled the lid off and removed one sponge and heard peeping, had a flashlight in my hand and chick has internally pipped so I closed up the bator really quick!

It is my super tiny peewee egg that is peeping see second to last pic in this thread (post #1)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/627612/lockdown-s-help-please-pics#post_8380725

2. berniezahm

berniezahm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    Bantum eggs hatch one day ealier than my full size chicken eggs. Maybe you super peewee egg is a bantum. A chick can peep to its broody 2 or 3 days before it hatches, if I remember corretly. My wife can hear them 2 days before they hatch in the incubator. I fixed army tank engines for a number of years in my younger days. I don't hear many faint sounds. [​IMG]

3. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I figure this one just started peeping and rocking with in the last 8 hours. Out of 30 eggs i had three make it up until yesterday or the day before with active movement. This one is hopefully a LF. I ordered LF Cochins and Orpingtons. Although this egg is marked BR. It's a mystery chick!

4. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    It pipped last night and is still rocking and peeping this morning. It looks like I am going to have a singleton as the other two eggs were looking like the veins were disappearing and they have done nothing so far and today is day 22. I have to leave at 1:00 p.m today for work and I won't be back until 7:30 a.m tomorrow morning (UGH). TBG will be to keep me updated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by